VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site so.. Hi! I don't know if this is in the right place, so I'm sorry if it isn't.
At school there's this kid -you know, the class clown, picks at everything- who has a seal skin hat, and lately he has taken to rubbing it on me. My face when he walks by, or my arms.. This makes me incredibly nauseaous. When I tell him it's disgusting and I don't want him to do it he says that I'm overreacting and it's not a big deal. It made me really upset so I mentioned it to my friends and they seemed to feel the same way as him..
I'm 16 and I've been a vegetian for about 3.5 years and I'm very much against animal cruelty. I tried to explain that to him but he just says "So what?". I'm kind of at a loss..
It's not like I push my views on people and I don't get mad at my anyone for eating meat around me, but I'd like them to respect my views..
Does anyone know what I can do? Thank you!

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Seal skin hat?? What?

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Tell the principal or an instructor at your school about what this kid is doing to you. It might not win you any popularity contests in the next month or so, but that's not what high school is for and it sounds like you are really being harassed. Treatment like that should not be tolerated by anyone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it happens anymore I think I'll have to do something like that.
I'm glad someone doesn't think that I'm just making a fuss. ^^
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
If he only does it to you then it obviously means that he is going tsundere on you.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Unfortunately, high school can kind of suck...

You have a few options, but none that are easy. Just brain storming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

If you look at page 3 of the "I think I might scream" thread, someone there had good advice.
http://www.veggieboards.com/newvb/sh...=1#post3082731
Not sure I can advise that in this case, but something similar maybe.

In this case, it's not just about getting him to understand that it's gross to you (he knows that, which is why he is doing it). We're beyond empathy. What he need to understand is that what he does has consequences which will affect him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

Rub something gross on him?
Yes, but...

It would have to be done in such a way that can't be interpreted as a direct aggressive action (otherwise you'll just have a fight on your hands).

If you just rub dog feces on him, he's going to beat you up; and if a teacher intervenes, you'll both be in trouble.

It would have to be subtle, and natural; something that can't be interpreted as premeditated.
It would be tricky to pull off.

You could try projectile vomit, but it would take practice. (You can learn to projectile vomit on cue; it isn't easy [I can't do it])

That is: He rubs the hat on you, you vomit on him.

Then you apologize to him. "oops, but I told you that made me sick"

Everybody would notice immediately, and whether he hits you or not a teacher will be there shortly. You shouldn't get in trouble (explaining the situation), and he probably won't do it again (not wanting to be vomited on). If he hits you, he will probably get in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Tell the principal or an instructor at your school about what this kid is doing to you. It might not win you any popularity contests in the next month or so, but that's not what high school is for and it sounds like you are really being harassed. Treatment like that should not be tolerated by anyone.
Worth a try, but the principal or instructor probably will not take it seriously, and the kid probably will not stop. If they do something about it, though, that would be awesome.

It's useful to have said that before you pursue other solutions, though, just to have it on record that you did try the proper channels.

If you can't figure out how to projectile vomit (which would be a long shot, although some kind of beautiful poetic justice if you could pull it off), then your easier options might be a bit more drastic:

You can talk to a school counselor, and tell him or her that you're having suicidal/homicidal thoughts, and that you want to kill this kid. Whether it's true or not, THAT would get something done about it, but they might also pull you from class and put you on medication. (Important: Don't actually kill him
)

More Safely: Home-school (if you can convince your parents). High school sucks, and it probably won't stop sucking.
That is kind of a retreat, though.

More elaborately: Make your own hat, but out of something he will find repulsive like pubic hair. Explain to him that you have made a pubic hair hat. He will understand very clearly your intention. He won't come near you (chances are nobody else will either, though).

More expensively: Get a part time job, and hire some even bigger kids to be your bodyguards. He can rub his hat on them.

More allergically: Change your story, and explain that the real reason you don't want it touching you is because you're allergic. Start sneezing on him when he comes near you. That's a bit of a bluff, though, if you can't sell it you could get in trouble.

Sorry, there's no really good, easy solution. People can be jerks, and dealing with them is rarely simple.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:

Agreed. He's bullying you and he shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I am sorry he is doing that too you, my 14 year old nephew did the same thing to my husband at Christmas , he had live small snakes and spiders and was putting them in my husband's face, he pushed to many buttons with my husband, my husband had a panick attack and got sick, no one thought that the 14 year old was doing any harm to my husband and saying boys will be boys and kids will be kids and so on, yes i agree with that but still boys will be boys saying is just a cope out for saying he was oked for harreasening my husband for putting his exhotic pets in my husbands face. I would find out where this boy lives and have your parents go with you and tell them what their son is up too.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
~

·
Banned
437 Posts
The next time he tries to rub something on you, pull away, look him in the eyes and say, "Don't touch me." Say it like you mean it and hold your ground.

Don't weaken the statement with "I'd rather you didn't" or "I don't want you to," and don't justify yourself by explaining why it bothers you. It's lost on him anyway and you have EVERY RIGHT to tell someone to get their hands off you. Or their gross hat.

If he persists after that, that's when I'd tell someone.

·
Registered
468 Posts
He's likely just doing it to get a rise out of you, hence the repetition. I bet if you just laughed it off or ignored him and continued your conversation w/ whoever you were talking to at the time, he'd get bored w/ it pretty quick.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Quote:

This. You don't even have to mention the dead seal. Just tell a school administrator that someone is touching you without permission, and they'll have to do something about it. This should be your first course of action.

If this still doesn't make him stop, then punch him in the face. Or kick him in the balls. Or both. Not necessarily in that order.

Seriously. I don't care if he's bigger than you. I don't care if he'll hurt you more than you'll hurt him. If he thinks a real fight will break out every time he bullies you, he'll leave you alone, even if you both know he can win that fight. You'll be more trouble than you're worth to bully.

But definitely don't get into a fight until after you've given the school administrators a chance to solve the problem. They might just succeed. But even if they don't, and the problem persists, you'll at least be able to honestly use the excuse "I tried to play by the rules" when defending your decision to fight back physically.

--Fromper

·
Beanitarian
1,002 Posts
Start making ralphing noises and gagging dramatically as though the vomit is going to come out imminently.

Aim your mouth at him.

Bonus points for chewing up some oatmeal beforehand, mixed with spinach, and spewing it out on cue.

When you stand up to a bully he will either put his tail between his legs and back off or he will escalate. That's the risk you take.

Outwitting or tricking--those are the things I've found effective in many cases.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

This. You don't even have to mention the dead seal. Just tell a school administrator that someone is touching you without permission, and they'll have to do something about it. This should be your first course of action.

If this still doesn't make him stop, then punch him in the face. Or kick him in the balls. Or both. Not necessarily in that order.

Seriously. I don't care if he's bigger than you. I don't care if he'll hurt you more than you'll hurt him. If he thinks a real fight will break out every time he bullies you, he'll leave you alone, even if you both know he can win that fight. You'll be more trouble than you're worth to bully.

But definitely don't get into a fight until after you've given the school administrators a chance to solve the problem. They might just succeed. But even if they don't, and the problem persists, you'll at least be able to honestly use the excuse "I tried to play by the rules" when defending your decision to fight back physically.

--Fromper
Pretty good advice I think.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineaa View Post

Start making ralphing noises and gagging dramatically as though the vomit is going to come out imminently.

Aim your mouth at him.

Bonus points for chewing up some oatmeal beforehand, mixed with spinach, and spewing it out on cue.
Nice, another vote for vomit.
This one might be easier to do too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

If this still doesn't make him stop, then punch him in the face. Or kick him in the balls. Or both. Not necessarily in that order.[...]
Even hand to hand violence is inherently dangerous, unless you're practiced in grapples and strong enough to really control the situation. Somebody could fall down, hit his head in a bad way on a desk or something, and get a concussion, or small bleed in the brain, and die the next day without medical attention.

Today, high school kids may even respond with a knife, if not possibly a gun, or beat an enemy so severely they die from internal bleeding. Little brats... well, boys will be boys...

There's always an inherent mortal risk to violence; when you cross that line, it can easily escalate. If you're willing to take that risk, Fromper's method would probably work.

I can't advise fighting, but if you do end up fighting him, your only real option is to lose carefully (if you win the fight [which you could], he may knife you in the hall the next day). Be very aware of the environment where you're fighting. When you fall, do it in the open, and use your arms to protect your head and neck from his kicks (and his friends' kicks).

·
Beanitarian
1,002 Posts
If the oatmeal thing doesn't work, go commando. (I do not mean it in the Joey on Friends way either.
)

Visit a practical jokes store. If you've got a bit of cash you can give him a nice onslaught of embarrassing experiences and you'll probably never get caught.

There are remote control fart machines, for example.

I'm sure he has a locker and it has vent slots, right? There is Instant Poo In A Can--I think it's a foam you could spray through the holes.
theprankstore.com

I'm sure you could think of more. You know his routine and where he will have the best audience.

I freaking hate bullies and have won many wars with 'em.
I haven't yet met a bully who wasn't as dumb as a box of rocks, easy to trick and make everyone notice his stupidity.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts