VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to go to the North American Vegetarian Society's "Vegetarian Summerfest" this Summer (July 5th-9th), but have no means of transportation to or from the event. However, it's something that I've been interested in attending for quite some time, and I am still, determined to go...So, I'm trying to put the word out there as much as possible, in hopes that I will find someone who I can ride with.

I live in Northern (Sussex County) New Jersey...I could, probably, get a ride a reasonable distance to meet up with someone...But, not terribly far....I'd essentially need someone to drive me from Northern NJ to the event in Johnstown, PA.

If anyone is going or might be interested in going, and can help me (or knows someone who can), please, let me know. I think that this event sounds awesome and would be really great for me both socially and in regards to my goals in Activism.

Anyway, to sum things up...
If you, or someone you know is a non-smoker and good driver from the Northern NJ area (or thereabouts) who is going to the Vegetarian Summerfest or might want to, and could drive me to and from the conference (next week), please, let me know as soon as possible.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me...Attending means a lot to me, and I'm still really hoping to go!!!

Thanks for any help~
*Kristin Star*

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Have you actually looked into the details of it? I looked it up and it's $718 for the full package for one adult, it also says payments are due by June 1st, so unless you've paid i don't believe you can go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have looked into it. That is kind of misleading...But, what I think that it means is that payment is due by then for those who registered early, and upfront for those who register from that point on. A lot of rooms are already gone, but they are still accepting registrants from what I know. It is also much cheaper to stay at one of the hotels in the area...Which is something that I'm considering. I think that I can work the other details out...At this point, I mainly need to figure out how I can get there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Vegetarian Summerfest is less than a week away, and I am still struggling to find a ride so that I can go...If anyone knows anyone from the NJ/PA/NY area who might be able to help me, please, let me know....Thanks!

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Have you tried looking at Greyhound/Megabus/Amtrak?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did try looking into Greyhound and Amtrack which it said on the Summerfest site serve that area. However, I live in a very rural/rather remote area, and there doesn't seem to be any Amtrack station at all close to me, and there's only one Greyhound one reasonably close, it seems (still about 35-40 minutes away), and it would cost over $100 and take like 12 hours (it would take about 5 by car)...I have a lot of germ and crowd phobias/anxiety, so I think that something like that would just do me in. :-S

Thank you for the suggestion, though...Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out something! (Originally, I thought that My Mother [who drives--I don't] would go with me, but apparently, that's not going to be the case [:-\\]...So, if I want to go, I need to find a way to get there, and will have to be there solo...But, I'm determined to find a way to go!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Posting again, in hopes that someone will see who's able to help...Since I have still had no luck finding a ride. (I did look into Amtrak further, and that's a slight possibility, but it's kind of a long-shot and would still require me to get a ride 1-2.5 hours away :-S) If anybody out there knows of anyone who might be able to help me, please, let me know. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts