VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a junior in college and this summer I moved off campus in to my own house. This means that I have an empty back yard and I can't go home as much because I have bills to pay. So I never see my dogs. My parents told me I could take one or two of them back with me (we have lots) and I was going to, but then when I really thought about it I realized that I am never home, sometimes it is an entire 24 or so hours when I am gone so....no dog for me, it wouldn't be fair. I got a Beta but it isn't the same lol...I got a snail too and was assured they would be fine together, but after about 2 months she ate the snail
. Sigh...oh well, just my little whiny rant haha.

Anyone else have to give up their pets for anything like that?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I couldn't take my dog with me when I moved out of my parents' house, either. My job required me to be gone for long stretches, the apartment I could afford was a second-floor no-pets apartment, and my dog was 14 years old. It would have been mean for me to uproot him when my family was there to take care of him, and he knew them.

How far do you live from your parents? Go back and visit often, especially if the dogs are getting old. Don't have any regrets.

Yes, I miss my dog. I miss him now more than ever. He died last summer.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post

How far do you live from your parents? Go back and visit often, especially if the dogs are getting old. Don't have any regrets.
I live about 8 and a half hours from them so I only go home about three times a year. Of course I miss the rest of my family too but at least I can talk with them on the phone and internet.

Only one is old, he is 14 and the rest are between 1 and 10. the 1 yr old was supposed to be mine but she is lame in her front legs nad requires more care than I can give her.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just wanted to say it's nice to read that you are taking the dogs' interests into consideration and even though you miss them, you're doing the right thing.

I had five dogs until last march, when I lost wonderful Miller, and last month, when I lost my beloved Siren...now I'm down to three and the house seems empty!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I just wanted to share that I miss my pets too. It's hard... But at least I know they're at home being taken care of. I get so sad when people start looking to rehome their pets because they're going off to school and their parents won't take care of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.