VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend and I started dating in September. We went to high school together and haven't seen eachother in 26 years but reconnected on Facebook. He asked me out on 9/11. The third date, he gets an eviction notice. His family lives in CT and they wouldn't help him. Me, being the co-dependant, insecure chic that I can be, offered to help him out a little. It was only supposed to be a month and it dragged into 4 months with him constantly having his hand out every time we see eachother. I put my foot down before Christmas and told him that I am not his ATM machine and personal assistant. He apologized and said he would never ask me for money again. Someone hacked into my bank account on Christmas Eve day and I had no access to my funds, no food at the house and not enough gas to get to work. It was like pulling teeth getting $20.00 out of him! The fact that I even had to ask him for it, really pissed me off. He should have offered as soon as he found out. He said he was too "sick" to spend Christmas with my family like we had planned, come to find out, he made "special" brownies and ate all of them. Yeah, it's time to give myself the best gift of all, freedom! Sorry, I just had to vent!! I feel soooo much better now. If you took the time to read this, thank you! If you didn't, I don't blame you! It was long winded and gripey.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it wasn't him. I think it was a restaurant that I used the card at the night before. A co-worker went there 6 months ago, and someone drained his account at a Walmart in Tomball, Texas. Mine was a Walmart in Humble, Texas. Besides, mister freeloader doesn't have a car, so he couldn't do it. Yeah, breaking up is hard to do, but so is staying with someone just to be in a relationship. Like my old roomie said "I'm the best lover I have ever had." Tee hee hee!

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Damn, guy sounds like a schmuck. Good for you. How was asking for $20 like pulling teeth? He can learn to have a little more empathy and class.
Even if he didn't have cash, he should've pulled out a few hundred off his visa via cash advance, the interest charge in comparison to helping a person that helped him out so much is irrelevant.

Also, people may defend drug use, but all the drug users I've known were idiots. He can have fun with his "special" brownies alone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMTL View Post

Damn, guy sounds like a schmuck. Good for you. How was asking for $20 like pulling teeth? He can learn to have a little more empathy and class.
Even if he didn't have cash, he should've pulled out a few hundred off his visa via cash advance, the interest charge in comparison to helping a person that helped him out so much is irrelevant.

Also, people may defend drug use, but all the drug users I've known were idiots. He can have fun with his "special" brownies alone.
AMEN! I was a holy terror in my 20's and 30's with drugs and booze. I grew out of that. Now, it's like the universe is giving me a glimpse of my old behavior. Not pretty! He doesn't have a Visa card. The fact that he doesn't have much money is not an issue for me. It was the fact that he didn't offer. Selfish, rude addict behavior. Karma-Clause delivered me a very late taste of my own medicine! LOL!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Good for you! Damn, my sister is in the same situation you were in, if only she'd see the light!! It's so good to see that there are still smart women in the world! You really just gave me so much hope for my sister... Glad to see you feel better now!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticSarcastic View Post

My boyfriend and I started dating in September. We went to high school together and haven't seen eachother in 26 years but reconnected on Facebook. He asked me out on 9/11. The third date, he gets an eviction notice. His family lives in CT and they wouldn't help him. Me, being the co-dependant, insecure chic that I can be, offered to help him out a little. It was only supposed to be a month and it dragged into 4 months with him constantly having his hand out every time we see eachother. I put my foot down before Christmas and told him that I am not his ATM machine and personal assistant. He apologized and said he would never ask me for money again. Someone hacked into my bank account on Christmas Eve day and I had no access to my funds, no food at the house and not enough gas to get to work. It was like pulling teeth getting $20.00 out of him! The fact that I even had to ask him for it, really pissed me off. He should have offered as soon as he found out. He said he was too "sick" to spend Christmas with my family like we had planned, come to find out, he made "special" brownies and ate all of them. Yeah, it's time to give myself the best gift of all, freedom! Sorry, I just had to vent!! I feel soooo much better now. If you took the time to read this, thank you! If you didn't, I don't blame you! It was long winded and gripey.
It is very okay to start 2012 single if your other option was this!!!

I have started many years single. I have also started many years with men who deserved neither my time or effort. I know which decisions were the wisest.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMTL View Post

Agreed.

Sounds like you made a wise choice OP (kick his butt OUTTT!
), and may the new year bring you love and happiness with another.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippy View Post

It is very okay to start 2012 single if your other option was this!!!

I have started many years single. I have also started many years with men who deserved neither my time or effort. I know which decisions were the wisest.
+1. good post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.