VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i relived something very disgusting, something i thought i would never do ever again! I MADE A SANDWICH THAT HAD HAM IN IT
!
But not for me. It was for a friend who was sick (in the head as well as sick in bed i think)
. I didn't even touch the ham but the (normal) stench from it made me feel filthy, like i hadn't had a wash in years. i just can't believe that he had me destroy a very good sandwich with ham.

But at least i had my revenge, when it was ready and i had just given it to him he said are you allright? you look as pale as a gost! was it the ham? to which i replied: i am ok! it's just like when i feed the dogs at home whitch is also a very disgusting and filthy job! It was not the best line but i like'd it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hold on. I don't understand what you're saying. You were trying to food poison your friend? Trying to get revenge? Whatever it is, two wrongs doesn't make a right.

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHRchannel View Post

Hold on. I don't understand what you're saying. You were trying to food poison your friend? Trying to get revenge? Whatever it is, two wrongs doesn't make a right.
That's not what he said at all. He said as 'revenge' for having to make a sandwich for his friend with parts of an animal on it, he equated the making of the sandwich as "a very disgusting and filthy job" just like feeding his dogs is.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
I would have said "I'll be happy to make you something vegetarian, but if you want meat, you'll have to prepare it yourself." The only person I'll serve meat to is my niece with a million food allergies, not an adult.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I like the comparison of feeding ill friends/family and feeding your dogs. I have no guilt at all about feeding my dogs. I sure prefer not to serve non-vegetarian food to humans though. I'd never considered that dissonance in my own head.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've prepared fish for my parents when they were both really ill. Just the one time. AFter seeing how much it bothered me, my dad said he'd never ask me too do that again.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I should add that nobody has asked me to prepare meat for them. It was just something that I hadn't thought about.

·
adapt. evolve. become
1,374 Posts
I believe if they want meat so bad, they can prepare it themselves.
Then again I'm not usually the kind of person to serve people.. -shrug-
Oh but I do feed my snake frozen mice... But he kind of needs that to live, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts