VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah. I do. Awwww.

No, the question I am asking here, is, assuming you are in a relationship, (gay, straight, whatever), how many times a day do you tell your partner that you love them?

Is it important to tell them? Is it important to YOU to be told that they love you?

Can it become too much?

I tell mine at least once a day. It isn't reciprocated, much to my displeasure, but I know it's there.

How do you feel about it?

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
I cant even count the number of times my partner says "I love you" to me in a day. He's extraordinarily affectionate!
It's been at least 5 times a day for the last 6 years! I say it less often, for sure, but it's at least once a day.

I don't know how important it is, but it's just the way we are.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Lots. We both say it several times a day I guess. I don't think it's nessersarily important to say it lots, I think being able to say how you feel and show affection and love is important - if that doesn't envolve saying "I love you" it doesn't matter, as long as both of you know it's true.

I know some people think it's soppy and ridiculous, but that's okay, I'm not going out with them! I'm a very affectionate person, and I like to show it in lots of different ways - including saying that I love him

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
After being together for 10 years, it really doesnt need to be said. We still do now and again. But I prefer when we can just talk and call each other names, in a playful way (not sweet bunny type of names, more youre an idiot type of names) Its relaxed. I like that.
I hate when people try and compete in relationships...we say I love you 10 times a day, we;re obviously more connected than you! WIN! ¬_¬

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
We say it at least once a day, and then usually if one is leaving, and always say it when ending a phone conversation.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

Nobody loves me

I have a feeling I'd have a really hard saying it though, even to someone I really loved.
I think that if you really felt genuine love for someone and you felt that you were getting that same feeling back from them, I think you'd suddenly feel it wouldn't be hard to say it at all. In that situation, it just sort of slips off the tip of your tongue with ease. It feels very comfortable.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hardly ever. The constant need for verbal affirmation of a SO's love really comes across to me as needy and signals that they're really bad at reading the show of affection through actions, which means more to me than half a dozen of "I love you"'s throughout the day.

I say "I love this" and "I love that!" constantly. I think that the SO's knowing that I love him as much as I love my Naked carrot juice doesn't mean much.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Haha, "love you" has become how we say goodbye, so at least a few times a day. Also sometimes we'll just be hanging out and we will get all mushy and gross and say it for no reason.

Sometimes I feel like love is a terrible sickness. I used to hate all that sappy crap and there's a part of me that still does. But I just love him so much I want to eat his face! I am everything I ever hated.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Dozens of times a day. It's the only sort of affection we'll show each other in public.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
I tell my father I love him when we see each other, for good byes, for no reason, my dad and I probably say I love you at least 50+ times a day.

I havent been dating my girlfriend long enough to get to the 'i love yous' but in an ideal relationship, i like it said mutually for good byes. That's just me, and that's only when the relationship gets to that level.

Don't get me started on how often I tell my cat and dog I love them.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubnutter View Post

Yeah. I do. Awwww.

No, the question I am asking here, is, assuming you are in a relationship, (gay, straight, whatever), how many times a day do you tell your partner that you love them?

Is it important to tell them? Is it important to YOU to be told that they love you?

Can it become too much?

I tell mine at least once a day. It isn't reciprocated, much to my displeasure, but I know it's there.

How do you feel about it?
How many times a DAY? I can't remember the last time I said it. I can probably count on my hands the number of times I say it to him per year. (ETA: Assuming we're talking about me saying it spontaneously, and not him saying it and therefore me feeling forced to say it back.)

I know people may have differing views on that, but I am not huge on verbalizing that emotion. It's ok, we show each other how we feel, and it seems to have worked for the past several years we've been married.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts