VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,473 Posts
I have a pair that I use for things like checking the mail, taking out the garbage, doing the laundry, etc. I like them for short trips that aren't worth tying up shoelaces for.
Otherwise, I find they get uncomfortable after about 15 minutes of walking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,477 Posts
Crocs have saved me from having to get another job. I love my job but standing on concrete all day, even in really really nice shoes was ruining my knees. I'm eying the primas, but i'm not really into the colors available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,777 Posts
I think they're the ugliest, worst shoe trend in a long, long time. I'm sure they're comfortable, but they're SO ugly! Well, except for the "Athens" style one - that one is ok. They are functional though. You can tell they were initially built for boatsmen!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, they were originally made for boatsmen, but that doesn't mean that they can be worn for other uses.

As for the asthetics, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I really don't think they look bad.
 
Joined
·
11,550 Posts
i have some silver crocs! crocs rock! i wear em for mooching about generally. i also bought my lovely mum a pair a year or so ago, having seen them online in an american vegan store, and now she's totally hooked- she's on her feet all day as a schoolteacher, and has freakishly short fat wide feet with a high instep. they're about the only shoes she's ever had that don't squish her feet up, and she's now queen of crocs in her small english town. she'll wear em in wind, rain or snow, with big furry socks under them if needs be, lol. she even has the respect of cool kids in her class as a result of her hip footwear- though they're quite bemused as to how she had them ages before anyone else did in england. she's quite the trendsetter, it seems, lmao.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
LOVE THEM
i have the Mary Janes, they rock. I wear mine nearly every day. They are ugly, but who cares. Kinda like a pug...so ugly they're cute
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,772 Posts
Lets go back 4 years and replace "crocs" with "uggs". Hell, lets go back before most of you were born and talk about "jellies"

They are ugly and will be out of fashion next year, deal with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

Lets go back 4 years and replace "crocs" with "uggs". Hell, lets go back before most of you were born and talk about "jellies"

They are ugly and will be out of fashion next year, deal with it.
Wow, you're a real ray of sunshine, aren't you?

Crocs have been around for several years now. I got my first pair two years ago. Even if they go out of fashion, I'll still be wearing them because I wear what I like, and I like Crocs. Liked 'em from the first time I saw them.

Now go be rude to someone else. I'm sure you need your fix.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine View Post

Wow, you're a real ray of sunshine, aren't you?

Crocs have been around for several years now. I got my first pair two years ago. Even if they go out of fashion, I'll still be wearing them because I wear what I like, and I like Crocs. Liked 'em from the first time I saw them.

Now go be rude to someone else. I'm sure you need your fix.
Crocs have been around for many years, they have been popular for a couple and their popularity peaked about 6 months ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,759 Posts
I've never worn them, but I think they're ugly as all hell. Seems like they'd be good for gardening I guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,929 Posts
I had some jellies and they made your feet feel all hot and sweaty. I adore my crocs (I have the kind with holes on top and the kind with no holes) and I never feel all clammy sweatly like i did with jellies.

I do think they are butt-ugly but they are really comfortable. I have this thing about being able to wiggle my toes---I mist have maximum toe room so I can snap my toes together (weird but an ecentricity that dates from my childhood) Crocs let me do that. And they are washable. Under the tap. I work with little kids and they spill paint/vomit/drop their entire tray of food on my feet regularly. So it is good to have shoes I can rinse off and put back on.

And they are not made from leather. And don't cost £100. They are very durable as well. My left ankle pulls in I often wear my shoes down in a funny way on the heel--I've had mine over 2 years and they are hardly showing any heel wear. And who cares if they are in style? None of my other stuff is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
I don't have a pair but everyone else here in the Emergency Room has at least 3 pairs in different and bright colors. I don't like the idea of having little holes in my shoes......scared of blood going in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

Crocs have been around for many years, they have been popular for a couple and their popularity peaked about 6 months ago.
Your point is?? You know, for seeming to dislike them as much as you do, you sure know a lot about them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienurse View Post

I don't have a pair but everyone else here in the Emergency Room has at least 3 pairs in different and bright colors. I don't like the idea of having little holes in my shoes......scared of blood going in.
You can get some that are solid on top (no holes) but still have the sling back. I have those to wear with socks in colder waether and only wear the hole-y ones in summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergrrl View Post

I had some jellies and they made your feet feel all hot and sweaty. I adore my crocs (I have the kind with holes on top and the kind with no holes) and I never feel all clammy sweatly like i did with jellies.
I remember having jellies when I was a kid. I loved them, and then lost 1 of them while I was at camp off-province. I actually took the other one back with me instead of tossing it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,305 Posts
We must be behind the times down here, because Crocs have just become widely available in the Hallmarks. But they don't carry the Mary Janes and that's what I really want.

For me they are perfect, because they can be a winter shoe that isn't too warm - what with the little ventilation holes and all. It's funny, the ladies down here decorate them with little studs and stuff.
 
1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top