VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Aww. I loved him and his comic strips. I consider Berkeley Breathed one of the main influences in my decision to go vegetarian eleven years ago.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I voted for Bill the Cat!

The guy in the wheel chair was my favorite.

My favorite Christmas cup is a Bill and Opus cup, both in red Santa hats, Opus covering his mouth in disgust-embarrassment, Bill leaning back in his chair. The caption reads, "Bah! Hairball"

Lost and Found counter was my favorite in the collection you gave. Thanks for the memories.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
My sister is a huge Bloom County fan. I once showed her an Opus pro-veg*n t-shirt in a Pangea catalog. She loved it...until she realized she'd have to go veg in order to wear it. She wouldn't go that far.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I miss Bloom County.... There was a strip some years back about the guys putting on a show outdoors. Opus gets up, blares a bad note on the tuba and sings "Every breath you take" but uses his own words (every cake you bake, every dog you wake....). The punchline is that guy (can't remember his name) telling Opus that "Sting and the boys would like a word with you". LOL

They just don't write 'em like that, anymore...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts