VeggieBoards banner

I LIVE off of these!

2K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  jessickah 
#1 ·

oh my SO SO SO GOOD

labeled vegan, so easy just bake!
i eat it plain or with tomato sauce on top.

See less See more
#9 ·
I just bught those at the wholesale club! SO excited to actually see VEGAN right on the box! I would swear they used to have parmasian.
I paid $8.99 for a 3 pound box.
I just may renew that club membership-they sell Gardien and now have holistic cat food thats much cheaper than what I use now.

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

I just bught those at the wholesale club! SO excited to actually see VEGAN right on the box! I would swear they used to have parmasian.
I just may renew that club membership-they sell Gardien and now have holistic cat food thats much cheaper than what I use now.
What wholesale club? Costco? Sam's Club? Something else?

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

What does eggplant taste like?
Nothing like egg.

Absolutey delicious if cooked properly. Tastes, as Envy said, 'BLEH!' if not.

One absolutely essential trick with eggplant ('Aubergine' to us Brits) is to cut it into shape, slices/cubes/whatever first then soak it salty water for a an hour or so before cooking it.

I think my 'pasta and aubergine bake' is in the recipe section here, for anyone who may be interested, btw.

#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Hmm, how is the texture? I've always imagined they'd taste or have a texture similar to mushrooms
I think it has a texture similar to zucchini. It doesn't really have a strong flavor so I think you might be pleasantly surprised if you try it. It's so good when it's breaded and fried or baked.

#20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

That's a really good deal. A 1lb box is about $5, so for only $3 more, you got three times as much.

And I love Dominex's eggplant products. I was on a kick like jessika is now on back a couple years ago. I had eggplant "parmesean" multiple times per week for months at a time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.