VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and man is it good! I finally found a source of mori nu tofu locally, so went ahead and made it up! It's Colleen Patrick Goudreu's recipe from Vegan Baking.....yum!

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Want!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can't have! yummy....So far, I've made multiple dessert things with tofu in them that you really can't tell...that's a good thing! the other last valentine's day was chocolate mousse.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Sounds yum. I made a chocolate mousse with tofu a couple of weeks ago. You could kind of taste the tofu, I think it needed more cocoa powder, but it was good anyway.
I just made (and ate a piece of) my first vegan quiche! I love new cooking ventures. I made the caramelised onion quiche from Vegan Brunch which I have out from the library and am now probably going to buy.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm wondering if the mori nu tofu was more tasteless than the regular water packed....it has like no taste of soy at all. Hubby definately liked it too!
I have Vegan brunch, but haven't made the quiche.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I highly recommend the quiche! Caramelising the onions does take a bit of time but it is delicious. The texture of quiche is all there. Also I never liked the taste of egg so it is a bonus to me that this doesn't have that eggy taste a traditional quiche would.
So many of the recipes in Vegan Brunch look awesome. I am waiting until after Christmas to buy a couple of new cookbooks though because I think my mum might be leaning towards getting me a cookbook for Christmas.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love cookbooks! I read them like others read novels! I used to like eggs, and I dont' actually care for tofu scambles. Hope the quiche would be different than that then?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I haven't tried a tofu scramble yet but the quiche didn't really seem very tofu-y either. The tofu is blended with cashews which gives it the nice soft quiche texture and the predominant flavour of it is definitely the caramelised onion.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TooAmy, I like your soup picture! Working with tofu isn't hard, you just need a good food processor, or maybe a good blender to incorporate it with whatever it's being mixed with. YOu want it nice, smooth, and creamy

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooAmy View Post

The quiche idea sounds amazing. I also need to purchase a few more cookbooks. It looks somewhat complicated to make.
I found the quiche quite easy to make. It was basically caramelise the onions, everything else whizzed in the blender, mix the onions and tofu mix together, and spread it into a pie crust. I made my own pie crust, which is pretty easy. Then it baked for 40 minutes and came out delicious.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
maybe tomorrow!
Still tastes great, and no wateryness either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts