VeggieBoards banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I think there are two different definitions of submissive here. I believe that submission, as practiced by some Christians, means that the wife allows her husband to make all major decisions in the household. I don't how it relates to sex but I'm guessing that these people aren't too adventurous.

Then there's submissive in the
sense, which Molly described.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Verbivore

I think there are two different definitions of submissive here. I believe that submission, as practiced by some Christians, means that the wife allows her husband to make all major decisions in the household.
I think that you are exactly right about there being two different definitions or concepts.

I almost agree with your definition of the first kind, except I think it has to do more with who gets to cast the "tie breaking vote" when the couple otherwise disagree. It is not clear to me how couples who do not adopt this philosophy ever settle their disagreements.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
So the topic changed.

There seems to be a company that has specials stuff for vegans.

I havent visited the site myself so I wont post the url, but the company name is veganerotics, or something like that and their commercial.

If your adult enough to visit the site, youll know where to look..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bankruptor

Ruthie, don't lose track of this thread, now . . . .
I'm still here....took a momentary break to help a friend celebrate her bday last night...too many drinkie poo's make Ruthie feel like crappy poo
Doesn't look like much will be getting done today..

I love the turn this thread has taken btw...a girl can never have too much spice
You know, sugar and spice.....

·
Registered
0 Posts
*waves back to Marie*

For the record, my husband makes many of the major decisions in the house. Usually he consults with me, but not always.

That isn't to say that we never have disagreements over things, or that he never makes mistakes. But since I wouldn't want my nose rubbed in my mistakes, I try not to do the same to him.

BTW... how's this for a twist... he's 8 years younger than I am.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
I have no idea. I think I was defining submission in a much stricter term than you described. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you describing a team where he is the team captain and you are his assistant? I don't call that submission so much as teamwork for the good of the family. I was thinking of a relationship where he treats her like I have the brain of the family, this is not open to negociations. I was defining submission in much stricter terms than that. I have no problem with cooperative submission with the woman's opinion held in the highest respect as advisor. I just don't believe anyone should be someone else's carpet. Not trying to start something, just trying to clarify.

Life

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I agree with Life... I'm thinking that cooperative submission is what the people on titus2 are talking about.

Joe brought up a good point- for those who do not adopt the "In case of a disagreement, he's right" position, how do couples resolve their disputes? If it's compromise, how do you know how much each person has to compromise?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
In my case, I was very young when I married and I tried very hard to make my husband happy. There was only one thing that I put my foot down about - I wanted him to promise me that we would raise our child in a non-religious household. Although at that time, he was attending church himself, he agreed.

Later, it was no spanking then the vegetarianism thing...he goes along with things that are important to me.

Hopefully, the same things are not vitally important (on opposing sides) to both people in the marriage.

Yet, I'd rather flip a coin than say, when we disagree - he's right.

That is awful!

81 - 100 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.