VeggieBoards banner
41 - 60 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
There's three things I've been begging for since day one. A photo of Tame, Mrs Tame to be on the board, and. well never mind the third thing.

Anyway, the funny thought grabbed me, maybe Mrs T is on the board but under an alias. Or an alias to an alias........

And Mr Kreeli might be here too
My husband has posted occasionally, but used my log in and signed as himself and seriously confused anyone who isn't awake.

Hmm, I wonder how Steer rider is doing?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
i can honestly say that Mssr. Kreeli has not participated here at VB. he doesn't use the internet much...he only uses the PC to play games.

he would certainly have a lot to add to the conversations here, though. i've been at him to give it a go for a while.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Here are the main passages in the New Testament on the subject. I have quoted a lot more than was necessary, in order to give some idea of the context in which these passages occur.

Book 49\tEphesians

Ephesians

005:022 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the

Lord.

005:023 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the

head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

005:024 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the

wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

005:025 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the

church, and gave himself for it;

005:026 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of

water by the word,

005:027 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not

having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should

be holy and without blemish.

005:028 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that

loveth his wife loveth himself.

005:029 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and

cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

005:030 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his

bones.

005:031 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and

shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one

flesh.

005:032 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the

church.

005:033 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his

wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her

husband.

006:001 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

006:002 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment

with promise;

006:003 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on

the earth.

006:004 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring

them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

006:005 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according

to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your

heart, as unto Christ;

006:006 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of

Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

006:007 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:

006:008 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same

shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.

006:009 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing

threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven;

neither is there respect of persons with him.

Book 51\tColossians

003:018 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit

in the Lord.

003:019 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

003:020 Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well

pleasing unto the Lord.

003:021 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be

discouraged.

003:022 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the

flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness

of heart, fearing God;

003:023 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not

unto men;

003:024 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the

inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

003:025 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he

hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

004:001 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal;

knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by majake

Tame, you gave permission when you named your wife in the initial post of this thread, which is in a general forum inwhich everyone on VB is allowed to participate. Now hush.
I made a casual mention of my wife, and no, that does not give skylark or anyone else the right to comment about our relationship. Don't like it? Tough. That is the way it is. I don't really care what your opinion i on this matter.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by spud

There's three things I've been begging for since day one. A photo of Tame, Mrs Tame to be on the board, and. well never mind the third thing.

Anyway, the funny thought grabbed me, maybe Mrs T is on the board but under an alias. Or an alias to an alias........

And Mr Kreeli might be here too
My husband has posted occasionally, but used my log in and signed as himself and seriously confused anyone who isn't awake.

Hmm, I wonder how Steer rider is doing?
Mrs. Tame doesn't qualify as a member - she is an omni.

Steer rider? Steer rider?

Ah! You mean [edited for no reason.]

Yeah, wonder where she went?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tame

I made a casual mention of my wife, and no, that does not give skylark or anyone else the right to comment about our relationship. Don't like it? Tough. That is the way it is. I don't really care what your opinion i on this matter.
getting a bit testy arent you Tame? and that fact that this is a country which gurantees freedom of speech, even if in limited ways, she or anyone else has a right to make comments about you and or your wife and the relationship thereof. If you dont like it tough, thats the way it is. Maybe you would like to talk with Michael about putting a ban on all comments regarding individuals who are not here on the board or relationships. Of course you dont care what my opinion is on the matter, i disagree with you. Isnt that the stance you normally take when people disagree with you?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Marie, while I personally don't mind onlookers I think active participation is much more appropriate, so don't hesitate to send lascivious PMs, photos and the like. To ME, that is, not just Ruthie. I'm sure she won't mind sharing . . .

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Majake, I actually don't think anyone really has the right to comment on a member's relationship in a negative light at all, unless their input is invited. If one has a problem with a member, that's fine... but there's no need to speculate on what a member's SO "must" be thinking.

Having said that... let's move on... let's not debate this further and close this chapter.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by majake

getting a bit testy arent you Tame? and that fact that this is a country which gurantees freedom of speech, even if in limited ways, she or anyone else has a right to make comments about you and or your wife and the relationship thereof. If you dont like it tough, thats the way it is. Maybe you would like to talk with Michael about putting a ban on all comments regarding individuals who are not here on the board or relationships. Of course you dont care what my opinion is on the matter, i disagree with you. Isnt that the stance you normally take when people disagree with you?
There is no guarantee of the 1st Amendment ona message board. Skylark's comment was out of line, and I called her on it. I suggest you mind your own damn business. If you got something else to say, take it up with Michael or PM me.

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bankruptor

Marie, while I personally don't mind onlookers I think active participation is much more appropriate, so don't hesitate to send lascivious PMs, photos and the like. To ME, that is, not just Ruthie. I'm sure she won't mind sharing . . .
I'll keep that in mind. *g*

In the meantime... where's the rope?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
i never said there was a guarantee for the 1st amendment on a message board, i infact recommended you talk to Michael about banning all comments regarding individuals not on the board or comments on relationships, or maybe just comments made by skylark. i consider skylark a friend and her business on this board is my business and the comment was obviously made as a joke, one that Tame apparently cant seem to take because it was made by skylark. Also the comment was not negative to anyone other than Tame.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Majake - this topic is closed. If you have a problem take it up with Michael or PM me.

Others viewed the comment the same as me. If I made a comment like that to someone, everyone knows damn well I would have had a dozen people on my back about it.

As I said, the issue is closed.

41 - 60 of 118 Posts