VeggieBoards banner
21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Oh I agree, Bank. If a woman wants to submit to her husband/father's views, then that's her choice. If she doesn't, very little he can do will make her want to do so.

I wonder what the people on the Titus2 site would have to say if I described my grandparents' marriage to them. Y'see, my grandma is total dominating dictator, and my grandpa is a doormat. And yet, they love each other fiercly and have been together for close to 50 years.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hmmm....I've heard that folks into this kinda thing should establish some kind of code word.

Bank...I actually have small wrists and long fingers, which makes it great for playing guitar and hitting those harder chords. Janet Jackson had a really good CD that I thought of when I first started reading this thread...it's called 'The Velvet Rope'

·
Registered
0 Posts
Why yes...probably at the same time
hehehe

Ut oh, now I better get outta this thread. Leave it to me and Bank to naughty-up a thread...that happens once in a while.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Going back to that bit about St. Paul, I've learned in some religious studies things I've taken that when Paul said those things about women being submissive, they were actually contextual statements and not meant to be taken universally. There's even a part in Paul about men and women (and animals too! hehe
) being equal in God's eyes.

This is a hotly debated subject among theologians, so nothing's for certain. If I were a Christian I don't think I'd want to be submitting to my husband
so I'd want to take it contextually.

·
Registered
371 Posts
joe- i'm no bible reading christian, but i have heard that the bible does say stuff about how women should be submissive to men. i also wonder how women can go to church and say that they believe in the whole bible and then turn around do about fifty things that would be considered sins.

but, to each her own. i can't follow a religion unless i can be comfortable with following all of the "rules" but i know other people who can go to church in the morning and get pissed out of their minds and take people home from the bar that very same night. whatever works for you, i guess.

thalia- you got that right sister! it's just like the "why can't she put some effort in to look nice for her husband- maybe put on a skirt and do her hair and makeup- cause, i mean, he's had a hard day interacting with adults sitting in his office and he deserves to come home to a pretty wife and a nice hot meal. all she's done is sit at home."

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Submissive woman???!!! No Thanks! I like the fact that Seadolphin calls me on my sh%T and isn;t afraid to tellme what she thinks. It's one of the reasons I fell in love with her.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I'll stand by what I thought I meant, but that was not how it seems to have been taken.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by skylark

Give your wife a little credit! Her apparent taste in men may not be what I'd choose, but perhaps she has a heart big enough to encompass us all.
In the future, I would appreciate it if you did not discuss or mention my wife without my permission. You keep digging at me, and you will regret. I am not playing, I am not joking - I have had it with you.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
submissive women huh? Something I cant relate to! I dont understand that. I knew this guy in college who got married the summer between junior & senior year. He & his wife were hanging out w/my group of friends one night. He asked his wife something & she answered, "whatever you want. I am the submissive wife. My job is to submit." I thought she must be joking, but she was dead serious. I knew she & I would never be good friends!

21 - 40 of 118 Posts