VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of these are a hoot.

When a wife disagrees with her husband on a issue, the board position is that the he is always right.

Can't seem to get Mrs. Tame to join this outfit, but I'll keep trying!

http://titus2.com/forums/

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
*Places this site in his favourites under "Forums to Troll"*

Looks stricter than VS!

From their rules:

When the mom who can only have two children posts about the things she is doing with those children, the mom with nine children is discouraged

Haha!! I need to figure out how many kids I have given birth to that will cause the maximum amount of discouragement.

·
Registered
371 Posts
.... and it all started when we gave them the vote....

it nevers ceases to amaze me the amount of women who will actually fall for a man who says that she should be submissive to him. it makes me want to cry, scream and vomit all at the same frickin' time. very little evokes that much emotion in me....

·
Registered
371 Posts
aw, there is nothing like a "meek and quiet" woman that will have 16 kids for you while simultaneously cooking, cleaning, decorating and doing as she's told.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by VealPrincess

aw, there is nothing like a "meek and quiet" woman that will have 16 kids for you while simultaneously cooking, cleaning, decorating and doing as she's told.
Yeah, especially if you don't mind having sex with a woman who's asleep from exhaustion for the rest of your life.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I read through their long list of rules, and, well, from their perspective, I'm sure all of their rules were justified. To me, though, it seems excessive to control that closely what people say. If someone has an issue with another board member, then it seems the Christian thing to do if those people work it out, not stifle what each other can say.

This particular line in the rules kinda ticked me off: "God does not lead through discouraging or negative comments." HELLO TITUS2 WEBSITE-- ever heard of the very Christian concept of SIN??? That's pretty darn discouraging and negative!

I also found it ironic that partway through the rules, they refered to a baby as "it". Of all groups, you'd think they'd be careful to refer to a baby in a more personal manner.

But, like they said at the end of their litany of regulations: "If this forum does not meet your needs, we accept that and pray the Lord will direct you to a place that will."

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by skylark

But, like they said at the end of their litany of regulations: "If this forum does not meet your needs, we accept that and pray the Lord will direct you to a place that will."
It meets my needs to have a laugh.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Another thing that seemed contradictory about that site just struck me: They said that a mother of two couldn't post stuff about what she was doing with her children because a mother of nine might feel discouraged. What about the other way around? Suppose a woman has had some children and is now completely sterile for reasons beyond her control. Couldn't mentions of the legions of other women's children make her feel discouraged?

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by skylark

Another thing that seemed contradictory about that site just struck me: They said that a mother of two couldn't post stuff about what she was doing with her children because a mother of nine might feel discouraged. What about the other way around? Suppose a woman has had some children and is now completely sterile for reasons beyond her control. Couldn't mentions of the legions of other women's children make her feel discouraged?
When you head over to you-know-where to be a nuisance, be sure to check out the HomeSchooling boards..... you'll see lots of this sort of talk (Titus2).

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
FYI: I grew up around lots of people who espoused ideas very similar to those on that Titus2 board. I can sound exactly like "one of them" and then out of the blue mention, "Oh yeah, I'm a vegetarian, I'm a college student, I work two jobs, and though I'm not a feminist, I do have 'tendencies'." Subversive, I know.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Quote:

it nevers ceases to amaze me the amount of women who will actually fall for a man who says that she should be submissive to him.
I dont get it either.

I heard about the book the surrendered wife (or something like that), and I wonder when a woman plays submissive, if she really is submissive.

I wouldnt want to play a roll to please a partner.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Quote:

.... and it all started when we gave them the vote....

it nevers ceases to amaze me the amount of women who will actually fall for a man who says that she should be submissive to him. it makes me want to cry, scream and vomit all at the same frickin' time. very little evokes that much emotion in me....
Actually, it's in the Bible, especially the books written by St. Paul.

It never ceases to amaze me how many women are oh-so-churchy, until it comes to this subject--then they follow Gloria Steinem and pretend never to have heard of St. Paul. Religion-of-convenience--or so it seems to me.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Perhaps it comes from a desire to be cared for and watched out for?

As far as the particular passages in the Bible that address submission and that stuff, well, I need to learn some New Testament Greek before I can really comment on what those terms meant when written.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
What, to make me submit, Bank? Even according to the pro-submission people, I wouldn't have to submit to you. I would only have to submit to my father and then my husband. However, they might say that having a male administrator of this board makes it unsuitable for me to post here since I would be putting myself under his authority.

Some people are really extreme, and that just annoys me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Skylark, I'm sorry but I think the dom/sub stuff requires a desire on a participant's part to submit, not a forced kind of thing, though I'm sure that some even like to be forced. I'll just have to stipulate to the expertise of others on this subject, since I of course have absolutely no clue . . .

Ruthie, what was your wrist size again???

1 - 20 of 118 Posts