VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with "people come back to a vegetarian lifestyle". I think a lot of people don't realize that it IS hard to stand by their convictions sometimes and its quite easy to fall back into what you've BEEN comfortable with in the past. Change is hard! Standing by your beliefs can be hard. I think everyone on these boards have, at times, "fall off the wagon". But the strength comes to jump right back on. You are a strong person and maybe the time just wasn't right for her, but obviously it is for you. You are now the role model. Let her know that you are surprised about her decision to return to eating meat, but obviously she has her reasons and you will support her in that decision. And that you will be right there when and if she decides to return to a vegetarian way.

I think the thing that turns many people off is they think we are all these military people who ram our beliefs down other people's throats. I believe in being the example and if they ask about my reasons for being vegetarian, I will tell. I don't want someone else forcing me to eat meat - and I won't force them to give it up. Balance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts