VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
I can understand you. one time my only vegetarian friend got drunk with me and started craving McDonalds, so he went there. i was soooo mad! all the way there i tried to convince him not to ("if you do that at least don't eat that garbage, get something good tomorrow!" hoping that next day he will be fine). and when he got his burger i got out of the car and walked home at 4am. he is still a vegetarian btw, doesn't cheat anymore. and it was sad to see a girl i know who was a very outspoken vegan and activist posting bbq pic of herself since she is an omni now. And i did feel like a hypocrite as well because she was a vegan for a while, and me just making small steps there.

but yeah, i think we just feel as if someone who was on our "team", already understod our reasons and agreed with them suddenly changes their mind and it is harder to grasp and accept than our friends who still didn't get it. this is one of the things we don't share with many, so it adds a sort of "special connection".

i think people who suggested before are right about trying to make more vegetarian friends. i know it isn't easy in all places, but this site is also great help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts