VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I admit it. I am not a sport fan. Football leaves me cold. Basketball keeps my attention for only a short while. Baseball puts me to sleep. Golf is only something I tolerate because my spouse watches it.

Yesterday I watched my first game of Aussie Rules. I loved it! The rules are simple. The action is fast. And how shall I put this, what fine looking fellows were playing the game! You younger ladies would call them eye candy at least. Our football players wear so much padding they could be from another planet and we would never know. These guys are tough. They wear no protective gear and for the most part play a clean game. This was a really great experience for me. I have become a Brisbane Lions fan. They started well behind in the first half and really brought home a hard fought win in the second half. It was impressive.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
LOL You would be well accepted here in my hometown then! I actually admit I'm not a big fan of Aussie Rules... but that's because I grew up with rugby league, which is even tougher!
But there are some nice bottoms running around on that field! The Lions are pretty good, whch is weird because QLD is a relative newcomer on the Aussie Rules field... it started off in Victoria.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never caught on to the rules of a game so quickly before. I really had to admire the guy who broke his nose, they plugged up both nostrills and sent him back in to play. Tough very tough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts