VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will i be okay i just ate 3kg s or vegetables .......... raw mushrooms and green beans manly oh i cant seem to break free of this

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I'm sure you'll be fine.

I don't think binging on veggies is going to do much harm. You ought to see how many mushrooms I eat in a week. It's ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Only if you persistently do it, then you may gain weight and get an abundance of some things in your body.

Maybe someone else can give you a better answer than me.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Eating large amounts of fruits and vegetables is unlikely to do you any short term harm, but I definately would not encourage it on a regular basis.

Do you know why you binged?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Well, since the recommended intake of fruits and vegetables is 9+ servings a day now, I seriously doubt you did any major damage to yourself. It's very difficult to gain weight on nothing but vegetables.

I'd be more concerned if you binged on potato chips, chocolate, pasta, fried food, ice cream, or some other food that is unhealthy in such large amounts.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Given the water content of vegetables, I wouldn't worry too much. Raw mushrooms and green beans are about 90% water and don't have that many calories. The amount of fibre could be slightly problematic, but that will pass (no pun intended).

·
Registered
244 Posts
how is your typical diet? my theory is that all binges happen due to lack of proper eating during the day. my nutrionist i used to see taught me this and i believe it now.. like, if someone binges on potato chips every night, it might be less the taste and more that they don't get enough (healthy) fats during the day. therefore, your mind tells you to binge binge binge because it's craving the fats or whatever your missing. so maybe your not eating enough, or enough veggies?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
murry i think ur right i have slipped back in my eating disorder and havnt been eating very well ......... i was on my own and i dont think it really matter what the food was it was a binge never the less i wasnt hungry , my stomic hurt

·
Registered
441 Posts
you seem as though you are coming here to 'hear':

'it's okay. veggies are not calorie dense, you are fine.'

well, there it is.

but you, me, and every other person who reads your posts know that you need professional help in order to break out of your disorder.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Best of luck, SpecialK. Have you tried seeing a nutritionist and getting on a set path to eating healthy?

As was said, what you did will not cause you any short-term harm. However, if you start doing this repeatedly then it can do harm. You are lucky to not have thrown up for overeating. Anytime I eat too much I'm on my knees in front of the toilet in an hour or less.

I hope you can find ways to beat this issue. I will keep you in my thoughts.

·
Registered
100 Posts
bingeing on healthy foods is something i do

recently i've tried to 'teach' myself to have foods in the house and NOT binge on them

sounds ridiculous but i've been buying single portions of the fruits i like and just trying to keep them in them fridge overnight

little steps at a time

its working..........slowly

good luck

·
Registered
244 Posts
well there's bigger issues going on here than what i am about to address but it's all i can think to offer at the moment.

after a binge... drink water. seriously. i have a problem binging occasionally and being full is really terrible. and yeah it feels ****ty and can make you feel like eating raw vegetables was bad. but it won't do damange. no matter how full you are just drink water, it'll help you calm down and put things in perspective. and see that vegetables can't be unhealthy even in that amount. it sounds like a stupid little tip but it honestly makes a world of difference, especially if you drink a lot that night. you'll feel better the next morning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts