VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....80's dance movies!

I can't help it. I know some of them are cheezy but they make me happy they are so cool! Flashdance, Stayin' Alive, Footloose, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.....Guess I had a secret fantasy of wanting to be a dancer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
me too. in fact..just..the entire 80s. the clothes, the attitude, the music. im in the wrong generation damnit!!!


my secret loves? hmm...lemme think....

replace '80s dancing' with stripper-esque dancing. oh the shame. but there are a select for songs that just make a girl strut around (in the confined private space of the bedroom ) and go crazy.

hard to explain without sounding odd...but i know you know what i mean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, my post title got changed. No big deal. But my idea was to have people post what they secretly love to do (watching Survivor, playing Pokemon, collecting funny toys, eating a weird food concotion) ...not limited to my secret love of 80's dance music. That's why I put those ....... in there.

Oh well
Guess I should have worded my title differently.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,134 Posts
qf..I changed the title a bit. I suspect that one of our mods who has a particular distaste for vague thread titles changed it earlier
not knowing that you weren't planning to talk just about 80s dance movies.

<<likes 80s teenybopper movies. I've seen Back to the Future so many times my sister thinks I'm going to name my children Marty and Doc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
I have a secret that I've never told anyone before.

I'll tell you that I...

really, really love those tabloid magazines like Star.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

qf..I changed the title a bit. I suspect that one of our mods who has a particular distaste for vague thread titles changed it earlier
not knowing that you weren't planning to talk just about 80s dance movies.

<<likes 80s teenybopper movies. I've seen Back to the Future so many times my sister thinks I'm going to name my children Marty and Doc.
that's ok about the earlier change. My fault. I should have been a bit clearer in my words (not that i don't love to talk about 80's dance movies!). Thanks for rewording again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
Disco.


70s clothing and culture. (Ok, maybe that's not so secret)

Cranberry sauce. NOT the homeade or chunky kind, the jellied kind that comes out in a shape of a can! I love it!!!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another thing I love that people might think a bit dorky...I love "Little House on the Prairie". I have TIVO tape the reruns for me. I read all the books when I was little and on Monday night no one was allowed to touch the TV but me because Little House was on! I think I am attracted to that 'simpler way' of life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurushead View Post

me too. in fact..just..the entire 80s. the clothes, the attitude, the music. im in the wrong generation damnit!!!
Aw sorry. You missed out on a great decade! It is kind of depressing though to have lived through the '80's because it was the best decade ever and now it is over!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post

Another thing I love that people might think a bit dorky...I love "Little House on the Prairie". I have TIVO tape the reruns for me. I read all the books when I was little and on Monday night no one was allowed to touch the TV but me because Little House was on! I think I am attracted to that 'simpler way' of life.
HA! I have a secret love of Little House too. My husband finally put his foot down when Tivo had 40 hours of Nellie Olson clogging it up.

I also have a secret love of Beverly Hills 90210 re-runs. I really don't know how I can keep re-watching the same things over & over but I never get sick of the corniness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChicken View Post

HA! I have a secret love of Little House too. My husband finally put his foot down when Tivo had 40 hours of Nellie Olson clogging it up.

I also have a secret love of Beverly Hills 90210 re-runs. I really don't know how I can keep re-watching the same things over & over but I never get sick of the corniness.
Ha ha!
There are few channels on our dish network that has Little House. Unfortunately, we only get the channel that has it on only ONCE a day as opposed to the other channel that has it on four times a day!

I get mad at my bf if he bugs me while I am watching Little House. He always makes jokes and I say "Your ruining it! Go away!"


I loved Beverly Hills 90210 myself! I used to rush home from work to watch it with some mexican food. I think my bf would kill me if I started TIVOing it now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
Ok, here's another one. I think 'The Brave Little Toaster' is one of the best movies ever made. I recently ordered the DVD version (I already own the cassette.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
Deviating from TV/movies a bit... this is going to sound really weird, but I secretly enjoy being sick or in recovery (like from surgery or something). It's hard to explain. I don't mean so horribly sick where you're in lots of pain or really feel like you're dying, but sick enough to call out and just stay home in bed all day napping, watching Price is Right, watching movies, napping some more, having everyone feel bad for you and take care of you... heh... maybe I just need a vacation...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,983 Posts
Katt, I know exactly what you mean. I had a great time recovering from my surgery. The actual "recovering" part wasn't fun, but having everyone dote on me, watching TV all day, having no responsibilities... It was very relaxing. I was sad when my family kicked me out of the 'sickroom' (actually the living room) and made me sleep in my own bed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt Fink View Post

Deviating from TV/movies a bit... this is going to sound really weird, but I secretly enjoy being sick or in recovery (like from surgery or something). It's hard to explain. I don't mean so horribly sick where you're in lots of pain or really feel like you're dying, but sick enough to call out and just stay home in bed all day napping, watching Price is Right, watching movies, napping some more, having everyone feel bad for you and take care of you... heh... maybe I just need a vacation...
it's the only break i'm ever getting...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucine View Post

I have a secret that I've never told anyone before.

I'll tell you that I...

really, really love those tabloid magazines like Star.
I don't buy them, but I open them in the check-out line. I especially like the photos of celebrities without make-up. It's a reality check. I read them in waiting rooms, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, I admit that I secretly loved Sex and the City. I feel slightly guilty because it is sort of a materialstic and snotty show but I my inner girly likes to hear all the funny men jokes and stories. And I HAVE to check out that Jason Lewis every once and a while.
 
1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Top