VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can't stand all the hate going on in this world. this sounds very hippie-like (i guess) but why can't we all just get along? i mean, sure, we'll have differing viewpoints but do you really have to be proactive and shout out that you think differently about everything? my friends [the real ones, not the make-fun-of-me ones - see "guys have feelings too"] think i am the jolliest person in the world but i'm just trying to make a small difference!

and most importantly, anyone else out there who hates hate???

[please excuse all my threads. with me, every day it's a new pet peeve]

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
please people. 16 views and not one reply? i'm beginning to see a veggie patch record. you people are a lot more talkative than this!

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Even though we don't think of it as a big deal, just having a positive, pleasurable personality can create a lot of good in the world. Ever have an encounter with someone with a bad attitude, then you get cranky, and make other people cranky and so on, well it can work the other direction!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Some time ago, I read an essay in which the writer compared certain aspects of "Western" culture with certain aspects of "Eastern" culture. The one comparison that really stuck with me is when she/he described differing reactions of passers-by to an item of litter. The writer pointed out that in the U.S., for example, the reaction of someone who doesn't litter to the sight of a piece of litter is to pass by and be irritated at the litterer's thoughtlessness. The writer compared that to the typical reaction she/he had observed in an Asian country (I don't remember which one), where the person who observes a piece of litter simply picks it up and throws it away. The lesson is that the irritation/anger doesn't achieve anything; the positive action does. I try to be mindful of this (although I am not nearly as good about it as I should be). I think it applies to many negative actions, behaviors, speech, etc., that one witnesses on a daily basis.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mouse

Some time ago, I read an essay in which the writer compared certain aspects of "Western" culture with certain aspects of "Eastern" culture. The one comparison that really stuck with me is when she/he described differing reactions of passers-by to an item of litter. The writer pointed out that in the U.S., for example, the reaction of someone who doesn't litter to the sight of a piece of litter is to pass by and be irritated at the litterer's thoughtlessness. The writer compared that to the typical reaction she/he had observed in an Asian country (I don't remember which one), where the person who observes a piece of litter simply picks it up and throws it away. The lesson is that the irritation/anger doesn't achieve anything; the positive action does. I try to be mindful of this (although I am not nearly as good about it as I should be). I think it applies to many negative actions, behaviors, speech, etc., that one witnesses on a daily basis.
i am not surprised.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Hate imho is often a result of greed and/or the inability to defend ones view.

The short sighted "i'm right, your wrong" opinion.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmmm thats a good question. first of all, i'm not TELLING you to do anything. I like to refer to it as WONDERING. (?)

This is gonna make me sound like a kindergarten teacher...

... but I'll do it anyway.

Just because hunters HUNT doesn't mean that you hate the people. I know some people who hunt that are very nice people, except for the fact that they do, in fact, hunt. maybe you [this is the kindergarten part] DISLIKE huntING, but probably not the hunters. that's my point of view anyway.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
If you hate hate, doesn't that mean that you hate hating hate so you hate to hate hating hate and you just keep hating hate that you're so filled with hate that you die? I know that made no sense. But it made sense in MY mind!

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
I hate a lot of things. A lot of things piss me off. I really don't care if others choose to hate. It keeps me warm at night.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Nothing wrong with hate, it's human. And it's more how it shows itself in someone. My pet hate is the human race (and there are over 6 billion reasons for it). I wonder, does that make me racist?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts