VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was so bizarre. I dreamed that we were in a restaurant and for some reason, I ordered a cheeseburger. I ate the whole thing and my family just went on eating their meals, no one saying anything about it. It didn't even cross my mind that I don't eat meat. Then, after I'd finished, I got really upset and started yelling at them, "Why did you let me do that? I don't eat meat!" But they just got smug and said apparently I do, and that I should drop the pretense.

I woke up with a really heavy, stuffed, uncomfortable feeling in my stomach.

That dream was just too weird. I've officially been veg about one year and this is the first dream I've had like this. I don't even miss meat. I don't understand.

Does anyone else have dreams like this, or am I just weird?

EDIT: And yes, in the craving thread, I posted about how badly I want a veggie burger today. Yes, I really do. It could be a result of the dream, I guess. I don't know.

·
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕
3,229 Posts
I get em too. I mostly get more dairymares though. I would eat a whole thing of icecream and only after would I be like "wait a minute, but I'm vegan." I think once in another dream I even cryed and freaked out over eating some animal product...I think I woke up crying too :/

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had never had a meatmare before for a long time, even after being a vegetarian for a couple of years, but I guess I jinxed it by posting in another thread that I hadn't because lo and behold, I had my first meatmare about a month ago, and I've even had another one after that D:

The dreams are so weird because I always acknowledge the fact that I'm a vegetarian in them yet something inclines me to continue eating. And in one of them I was eating fried chicken -- I've never even liked fried chicken. Odd.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I hadn't had one in a long time, but just the other night I dreamed that I was eating some kind of meat product.
I just sort of forgot that I was a vegan like in most of my meatmares. Once I remembered I didn't stop but just thought, "I guess I don't do that anymore then." I remember just feeling an incredible sadness and emptiness.

I was relieved when I woke up and realized I didn't go down that path.

There must have been something in my life that triggered those feelings, but I can't remember what it was.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just had one today, it was really creepy. I was at home, with my parents and for some reason eating a hot dog. But, everytime I took a bite I would kind of see the hot dog move and heard small noises coming from it. So, I put it down and it moved even more. Then, my dad, I think, cut it down the middle and there was a small stomach inside of it. o_O

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I haven't yet had any dreams about eating meat... yet.

I still have the occasional (about once a year) nightmare that it's finals week and for some reason I had skipped class all semester. I really hate those dreams.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Honestly, I don't have dreams like this, but if I did, I'd just shrug it off. Believe me, there are WAY worse things you could dream about.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I had one where there was this cafe and it had some kind of effed up machine in it where people could bring their old dogs, stick them in the funnel at the top, and they'd go in and come out as a hot dog.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It wasn't a 'nightmare' but it was strange. In it I ate a piece of chicken breast. The whole time I was eating I felt guilty knowing I was cheating on my beliefs but I didn't stop and even felt crappy after I was done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those happen to me sometimes. I usually wake up feeling good because I have this relief because I think "Oh I just ate the meat in a dream not in real life."

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
The only mares I am getting is housemares, not getting one or getting one or go to my FIL and evict the new people out the house that is living there now, as for meatmares I have no had any yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had my first meatmare about 2 weeks ago. It wasn't anything big or serious or creepy. I ate a cheeseburger from McDonalds. I felt quite ill when I woke up and rather guilty. I think it was because my bf had Hungry Jacks the day before, so it was probably just on my mind. About 2 nights ago, I had another meatmare where I was with friends and I was eating veggie burgers (I seem to making a lot of them lately too). Anyway, someone explained to me that the patties were made from dog meat...they were brown and squishy, kind of looked like canned dog food. It was awful. I have never had meatmares before. It is quite strange. I have only been vegetarian for 8 weeks. I dream a lot of things though.

·
Vegetarian
276 Posts
I have them every now and then. Half the time I don't even eat it, I just buy it. When I do eat it, there is no flavor or texture. So I know they don't stem from cravings. I'll just forget I'm a veggie. They are unsettling, but just dreams. My friend taunts me, saying it is proof that I want to eat meat. I've never said I dint want meat, I do, but I guess I never gushed about my cravings either. Anyway, meatmares are normal it seems.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I get them, too! I've been getting them more frequently within the past few months than I have in the past. *shiver*

Two that I remember in particular was one where I ate a turkey sandwich and one where I ate some chicken in the dining hall at school. Yuck.

I seriously think meatmares are the absolute worst. I wake up feeling extremely terrible, and then I finally realize it was just a dream.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Haha I'm glad it's not just me, I had my first 'meatmare' the other night, and my boyfriend thinks I'm insane as I woke up shouting "I've just eaten a tiny little body!"

I had been to a wedding reception that day, and got told that the spring rolls were suitable for vegetarians, but they weren't as I bit into a prawn L That night I has a dream that I unwrapped a veg spring roll that I was happily eating and there was just one giant prawn in it. I got all dramatic in my dream damming myself for being a murderer and that's when I woke up shouting aggressively at my poor sleepy partner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, Meat caused nightmares.

Yes, I always get super bad nightmares after I eat meat. I did not tell anyone because I was not sure about it until recently. I did experiment 5 times in last six months and its proven now that meat cause nightmares if you are vegan like me. I now don't even try it anymore. I will stay vegan forever and love all creatures like I love my own kids.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts