VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed I coudn't read that back of my stereo equipment when plugging in cables, and that when I read I look like Fred Sanford, stretching his arm out away from his face to read a book.

I went to the eye doctor who said I have perfect vision, except close up. She prescribed +1.00 reading glasses - the over-the-counter type. I always assumed these were for quacks, like diet teas or regenerative skin creams. The doc assured me that they were right for some people and fit my prescription perfectly. In my haste, I bought the only pair that fit my face. They work great for reading. I never realized how out of focus things were at close range.

My wife and daughter are still laughing at me, and apparently I'm scheduled to get fitted for new frames this weekend.

Anyway, seeing that my eyes are going is the first time I really felt like I was aging - not getting old - but aging. It's a wierd sensation.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I can imagine it being strange... I personally can't remember life not being a blur without my glasses/contacts. I have had them since grade 2.

Don't worry, you do get used to them fairly quickly.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
my first pair of glasses improved my life so much, even though they weren't that strong (I am shortsighted though, I don't know if that makes a difference). So, despite the fact that you feel you are aging, I think this is time for congratulatins!

Plus, I am jealous of you for being able to buy over-the-counter glasses. If I could get them in my prescription I would have about twenty pairs of cool glasses.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
My dad has about 10 pairs of those over-the-counter glasses, since he leaves them sitting around everywhere. :p

I recently started having to wear glasses, too, just a few months ago. It's still a weird feeling to not have them on, then suddenly put them on again. Hello, texture! (I'm near-sighted)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts