VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share with everyone
- My wonderful co-workers got me a mini food processor as a going away gift. I guess they got tired of hearing me gripe about not having one. Anyway, now I can make my own hummus

·
Registered
16 Posts
i love my mini prep cuisinart...i use it all the time. i'm considering getting a big one but they're so $$$$...i'll wait till i get my student loans in fall.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
The food processor I have is a Black and Decker Power Pro, and it was $40. It was a gift, but I didn't think the price was too bad!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Congratulations, but be careful. My mini food processor broke, I think because I put too much in it at once. I was very sad...

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I got a large one for Christmas last year. It was soooo nice and it can handle anything! Hub says that he didn't realize how much I wanted one until I actually got it and began useing it on a near-daily basis (I still do
).

It's one of the most used appliances in our house, second only to the oven and toaster and worthy enough to have it's own room on my countertop

·
Registered
507 Posts
I just got home from college a couple of days ago and used a food processor for the first time. And yeah, I made something in it that you usually don't make in a food processor: a smoothie. And guess what? It worked.

Now, does a thing like flax-seed-butter exist? Because I've been wondering what happens if I put some oil and flax seeds in a food processor.

Congrats on the awesome appliance, kraftykraft!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Never mind, I just found a recipe for flax seed butter

In case you're interested (FreedomYou Recipes - Salad Dressings):

Quote:
Flax Seed Butter

• 2 Tbs. flax seeds
  • 1/2 tsp. honey
  • 2 Tbs. good Tasting Yeast
  • 2 Tbs. water
  • pinch of salt

Grind flax seeds to a fine powder in coffee grinder. Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Add salt to taste. If you are putting the butter on potatoes or cooked vegetables, you can also add onion powder, garlic powder, Vegit or any seasoning of your choice. Flax butter needs to be eaten fresh because of the delicate essential fatty acids in the flax seeds. The good tasting yeast gives this spread a distinct buttery taste. The flax seeds produce a slightly nutty flavor. We think it tastes better than butter.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
but be careful. My mini food processor broke, I think because I put too much in it at once. I was very sad...
Thanks for the warning Eggplant. I would cry if I broke this food processor so I will be very careful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts