VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting back on. I just feel like I should admit it and move forwad accordingly. Damnit.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Shame on you!

Just kidding, at least you aren't giving up! I've heard of a lot of people that slip and then get so discouraged that they go back to being full omnis again. I say just don't dwell on it and move forward.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
It happens, just keep on truckin'

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the encouragement and support. I don't know what was going on. I got lazy and busy and tossed all moral/ethical beliefs out the window. Blegh. 2 days back on track and I feel amazing. Duh. I am pretty disappointed with myself, but that's life and the choices we make. Wouldn't be a learning experience if we were perfect in Take #1.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
I fell off the wagon a lot at the beginning. Honestly, if I hadn't gone through the trials at the beginning, I may not be as strong as I am today. You can do it!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
What happens in the past is in the past. Don't focus on what happened, instead, focus on making the present happen

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I fell off the wagon a bunch in the beginning too, it's all part of the process of forming new habits and discarding old ones. Every time you choose to avoid animal products you're reinforcing your new lifestyle until eventually it will become second nature and you'll be too busy craving tasty vegan food to care about whatever you were eating before. It's almost like reprogramming your brain to see food and the world around you in a different way, the more you focus on the abundance of things you can have the less you're going to dwell on old comfort foods.

Focus on exploring this new way of eating, treat yourself to some fancy vegan stuff and experiment with recipes and new flavours. The more you learn about the thousands of cruelty free options you have the easier it is to stick with it.

I personally have a backlog of recipes and foods and restaurants I need to try, there's just SO MUCH delicious looking vegan stuff out there it's almost cruel

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Don't worry about it. No one in here is wearing a black robe or hammering a gavel (that I know of, anyway). Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start over again. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Before you can get back on the wagon, Neo, you have to realize the truth - that there is no wagon.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good morning all. So after posting I have a renewed strength and sense of pride that I am making the right lifestyle choices. I feel so much better. I even ran a 15K last weekend, fueled by veggies of course and did great! I really appreciate all of the kind words. The reason I "fell off the wagon" is embarassing because it was weakness and laziness combined and I felt grossed out by myself during my lapse. My new Sunday ritual starts today, meal planning for the week and shopping for the ingredients so that I have them handy when I get home from work. No more excuses. Have a beautiful week everyone!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts