VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight, someone I was having a conversation with began to pick his nose. Then he began to eat it. It went on for a while, until I ended the conversation by leaving the room. This is a person I feel a bit sorry for, but wtf?!

This an adult I'm talking about.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Someone I live with picks his nose in public (but is disgusted by people who eat it). I have started offering him a tissue whenever he does it, I hope he gets the hint

·
Registered
814 Posts
Blimey. How gross

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I would have averted my gaze.

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Jen (a.k.a. IamJen) told me she'd seen a woman do this in the waiting room at our local medical centre. Utterly disgusting. It's perhaps easier to do something about it if it's someone you know - like yally suggested, offer them a tissue!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Well, it's probably the "eating" thing that I have the most problem with.

Picking your nose doesn't disturb me in the slightest though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I wonder why people DO eat it? Seems almost like a Pica type of thing. GROSS. Then again I suppose it's better than picking your butt and eating it?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Offering a tissue is a good idea because the look on his face made me think he thought he was getting away with it. Even though he did it repeatedly over 5 or 10 minutes, he did it quickly, like he thought I wouldn't notice. Offering a tissue is a good way to let him know that I know. *gag*

The thing is, I know I must have had a repulsed look on my face because I was repulsed. I AM repulsed.

I did not know any adults ate their boogers. I remember giving kids sh*t about it when I was a kid because I thought it was disgusting. Never thought I'd have to deal with it after I left elementary school, though!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Some people don't have a good concept of what is socially acceptable. Try to be nice about it and not make it a big deal if you do say or do something about it..

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
once i saw a guy take a knife and clean under his fingernails, and he ate the stuff he scraped off with the knife. i almost puked.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

once i saw a guy take a knife and clean under his fingernails, and he ate the stuff he scraped off with the knife. i almost puked.
hey, the guy was only recycling.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts