VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried items such as cholay and pakora, and each time I eat them my bladder explodes. I don't if it's the spices used, but do you think Ethiopian food will have the same effect? I'd like to try it.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Spices typically found in Indian curries: cumin, turmeric, coriander, ground red pepper, cloves, ginger

Spices typically found in Ethiopian berbere (spice mix): cumin, cardamom, allspice, fenugreek, ground red pepper, ginger, turmeric, paprika, cloves, cinnamon

So if the reason you don't like Indian food is because you don't like cumin, red pepper, ginger, or cloves, you may not like Ethiopian food.

But I agree, the two cuisines do taste quite different to me. Plus I love the injera (the flat bread you use to scoop up your food) in Ethiopian cuisine.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I don't like Indian either - even if I ask for very unspicey it is still too spicey for me. I do like the breads though and the deserts. I have had Ethopian food before and liked it. I didn't think it was too spicey for me.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Sally - I seriously thought you'd invented a whole new smiley!

My Mom (who cannot tolerate ANY spices at ALL) swears that Indian and Ethiopian are very similar. I can't see it so much.

Though I do think it very much on what you get and how the particular restaurant prepares it.

BTW: Not to be indelicate, but no one has really addressed the whole "exploding bladder" thing... I'm sorry, but could you be a teeny bit more specific (without totally going into every gory detail) - sorry, but I'm curious - do you pee constantly? It's painful? You have intestinal cramps-type thing? We're talking something different than gas and diarrhea, since those wouldn't be bladder related, right? (Again, SORRY, just wondering!)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.