VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called this restaurant to find out if they had anything on their menu that could be made vegan. Conversation is as follows:

"Well there's the salad bar. Wait, let me think. Vegans don't eat fish do they?"

"No. How about a pasta dish of some sort? Is there anything that could be made without dairy?"

"Oh yea, sure! We'd be happy to make you some pasta and toss it with some butter or something."

Der. I wonder where she gets her butter from? I suppose they milk the waitresses each morning...

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I ordered toast the other day, with vegemite... and a mocha with soymilk. I completely forgot about butter (as Euph says we usually call margarine butter) because I don't have any butter or marg on my toast. So it arrives and I'm looking at it thinking "is it? Isn't it?" Bugger. Finally I just ate it because it was my mistake to not mention it and I didn't want to waste it...

Charity, frustrating but funny. Maybe you can educate them!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
You have to remember , most people don't really think about ingredients as much as us vegans do
... even if they mean well or want to be helpful, they just haven't spent a huge amoutn of time thinking about every little thing. So I would hope nobody would get obviously annoyed at a person like this (not suggesting you would do that charity)

·
Registered
346 Posts
I rode the great skys..lol...to Mascoutah recently, and ordered a vegetarian non dairy meal. So, they give me a granola bar with "non fat milk" and a pack of BUTTER for a bagel!! argh. Silly, silly. At least they figured out the yogurt I would have got without a special order was non dairy!!

I guess you just have to laugh! Oh, btw, Loki, your signature is hilarious. I luv it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
geez, I hate those phone conversations. O.k. I LOVE mexican food, so a while back I called all the mexican restaurants in about a 30 mile radius. Most of the people couldn't understand what I was saying, and I got unreliable responses. I don't get it? Most of them have a "vegetarian burrito" on the menu, but of course they use lard in the beans or chicken broth in the rice. I was very discouraged and gave up. *sigh*

-LINDS

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
I hate when I order Spaghetti Marinara and they sprinkle parmesean cheese on top without asking me. Fazoli's Restaurant does this every once in a while so now I have to say "and no cheese" every time and it's annoying because they're not supposed to put that cheese on it unless you ask for it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.