VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes. i know. the easiest thing to do is take the test. but the thing is im relatively sure i'm not. im thinking it would be quite different to this. only reason im asking is my housemate keeps joking about it and im just checking that i shouldn't take it seriously.

the case for:

i haven't had a period in about 2 months. they only came back a while ago though so maybe they're just a bit uneven. i eat really well. i seem to be gaining weight from it actually. ive gained about 2 kilos in a few weeks would that account for missed period?

i also eat a bit more soy than i did before (soy milk in coffee once a day. but thats about it.) that could be it also.

i don't have 'morning sickness.' . ive felt really sick the last few days though but haven't thrown up once.

im not stressed, life is amazing (so that can't be the reason for the other two above)

and im eating like a mad woman. and i don't mean compulsive 'oo i feel like cookies' eating. i mean that low bloodsugar 'need food NOW' feeling...almost 24/7.

doesn't sound like pregnancy to me, but just throwing it out there
for the sake of it..

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have only been prego once and here are the symptoms I had:

bigger and very sore boobs (didn't even want to wash 'em in the shower)

nausea (basically felt like their was a lump in my stomach and it was slightly upset)

either always hungry or not hungry at all

very weak and no energy (walking up the stairs was a major chore)

I didn't have any "morning sickness" - I felt nauseated all the time. But I never threw up.

two missed periods sounds like a concern unless that is normal for you.

·
Registered
471 Posts
For me, the number one sign was fatigue. I was tired all the time. I started going to bed an hour (then two hours) earlier than usual and sleeping an hour later. Then, the hunger kicked in. Suddenly I found myself starving within three hours of when I had last eaten, and if I didn't give in to the hunger and eat right then, I'd start getting queasy. Number three was the late (ultimately missed) period and positive pregnancy test.

·
Registered
912 Posts
From what I've heard morning sickness comes in different forms - from actually vomitting, to just feeling sick to your stomach, to having your body say "NOT ONE MORE BITE". It's also not unusual to be very hungry. Or not hungry at all. I'd take the test to be sure.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
If you've had sex since you've last had a period, you could be pregnant, regardless of whether you used protection or not (as we all know, only abstenance is 100% effective).

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Even if you've had sex within a month or two of your last period you could still be pregnant, sometimes you'll get a bit of bleeding and think it's a period when it's not. My mom didn't know about me for the whole first trimester because of this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts