VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so Im a typical male bachelor and cant cook for crap. I can make stuff ok enough to live off but its just not that good. Anyway I really wanna make something nice for my girlfriend. I was thinking a vegetarian lasagne cause everyone likes lasagne :-D But I have no idea how
Can anyone direct me to super easy recipes of things that even a dumb ass can make.

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Ya know, everyone likes lasagne, but they've all ones they didn't like. I'd go easy- pesto is easy. In fact, it's almost fool proof!
I basically make this, but with walnuts:
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=31471.0
Make sure you get good pasta, I like Barillos whole grain linguine. Add things like olives, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, sauteed red bell peppers, onions, zucchini-whatever you two like. Or go with just pesto pasta with a great salad.

I've made bad lasagne before, it's very disappointing, and no one really wanted to admit how bad it was, that made it worse.

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
I agree with silva, lasagna can be difficult. A lot of things can go wrong and then it's a mess. That's fine for me, but I wouldn't serve it to someone.

I'd start with an appetizer of bruschetta, which is very easy to make. Followed with a salad, and put some stuff in it to give it color... like carrots, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes... And then pasta and maybe some wine. Follow the cooking instructions on the package very closely. And set a nice table. Real napkins instead of paper towels, flowers, etc. Even if the food isn't extravagant, the presentation can make up for it.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Maybe do a lasagna casserole? That way you don't have to worry about the layering, which is what makes lasagna a bit tricky.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Simple pasta is definitely a good idea. You can include a nice dessert too. Even something as simple as chocolate dipped strawberries makes a great end to a nice meal.
Mostly though it is the thought that counts. My boyfriend is not a good cook. He cooked for me, managed a fairly decent daal, but burnt the rice. Burnt rice is awful but I still appreciated his efforts very much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts