VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been working on transitioning to the vegan eating habits for a while now. I've finally found my groove, at least from Mon-Fri
i eat fresh fruits & veggies raw. but on the wknd i usually have sushi. i really like sushi
i like cheese. i like this forum. i love lamp.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by socks View Post

i've been working on transitioning to the vegan eating habits for a while now. I've finally found my groove, at least from Mon-Fri
i eat fresh fruits & veggies raw. but on the wknd i usually have sushi. i really like sushi
i like cheese. i like this forum. i love lamp.
Are you eating fish sushi or veggie sushi?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Try veggie sushi.

The best part of sushi is the wasabi, ginger, and soy sauce- all things that you don't have to miss.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by socks View Post

fish sushi...
If you want to be a vegetarian you're going to have to wean off it though.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the encouragement. thats why i joined this forum. so i think this wknd i'll skip my sushi+movie ritual. fish & cheese its all i have left to fix.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
It would be best to try and get off the fish first...do you make your own Sushi or buy it?
I know there are a lot of places now sell veggie sushi and im sure, if you make your own, its easy enough to sub carrotts,spring onions or red peppers for the fish.
You dont have to stop eating your favourite foods, just find ways to make them veggie friendly

If you find new recipes to replace fish, youll soon wonder why you ate it in the first place. Good luck!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

It would be best to try and get off the fish first...
I would tend to say the other way around, but as long as there's continual progress, that's what's important.

Best of luck, Socks! And remember, if you fall off the wagon, brush yourself off and try again

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
OP says they are trying to wean themselves off fish and cheese....fish being the flesh of an animal should be the first thing to go...if OP is wanting to be vegetarian...surely..

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:

OP says they are trying to wean themselves off fish and cheese....fish being the flesh of an animal should be the first thing to go...if OP is wanting to be vegetarian...surely..
The OP mentioned wanting to transition to veganism, so in that case it's not different (with respect to veganism, both being non-vegan)

He or she just said that he or she really likes sushi, and likes cheese (not as much as sushi)- I'm thinking in that case it might be easier to cut cheese than to cut out sushi.

Hopefully he or she can cut out both in one swell foop though

Vegan sushi is awesome!

Either way, it's a great thing! What matters is motivation and progress.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:

Personally I disagree. I would cut out the animal flesh eating first...
I know, and that's OK. Of course it's best to cut out both at once. IMO the order isn't so important, so much as success.

I'm not trying to argue, I was just explaining why I thought that- based on his post.

I don't eat fish or dairy, so you won't get any argument for me against the prudence of cutting out any of them.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
MMMM veggie sushi.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Cool, welcome, socks! As you you might have guessed already, we have some hang-ups about fish eating here. I'm glad you're intending going fully vegan! Feel free to ask any questions you might have!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:

Im not arguing either...I know that for me cutting two things at the same time didnt work...
In that case, I just meant that if he or she has trouble quitting both, he or she should quit the things that he or she likes least first- that would provide the highest chance of success.

That way he or she can conquer a smaller obstacle (the nature of the obstacle doesn't matter), and gain more motivation and positive belief in his or her ability, which will help him or her overcome the larger hurdle down the line.

To the OP:

Whichever method you choose, try to focus on the reasons you aren't eating that item (e.g. animal cruelty, health, environment), that will help you stay the course. I'm sure you can do it

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:

Personally I disagree. I would cut out the animal flesh eating first...
I always personally viewed dairy as more cruel that meat itself.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangle View Post

If you would like to know my views as to why, I'd be happy to PM them to you, but it's generally frowned upon to go dissing dairy around here, I just loves them baby calves so much!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts