VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sweet potato burritos are the BEST!! I haven't tasted something this good in such a long time! I think I'll eat them forever!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i know they are too very good in taste , but fat is the problem , as eating them on daily basis will raise your weight . . . !!!
And i dont want to gain weight .

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Are they homemade, pre-packaged or from a restaurant? I have never heard of such a thing. What are they like? Are they sweet or savory? What's in them (besides sweet potatoes)?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I would imagine they are! Anything with sweet potatoes are divine! LOVE some good sweet potato chili too!

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Hmm..I love sweet potato burritos and chilis. I'll make a "lazy, simple and easy" sweet potato burrito sometimes. Black beans + corn + salsa + mashed or roasted sweet potato wrapped into a whole wheat tortilla then grilled or heated up in the toaster oven to get the outside crispy.

Black beans and sweet potatoes are such a great combo!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

I would imagine they are! Anything with sweet potatoes are divine! LOVE some good sweet potato chili too!
I havent tried the burrito....sounds yummy......but I love sweet potato chili.....

peace, love and laughter

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I'm going to try this, I've been getting more into sweet potatoes lately. I had some spicy sweet potato fries the other day that were divine, so there's no way a burrito could turn out bad.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
sweet potatoes are sooo good for you too. I read a health article, which suggested they should be eaten at least 3 times a week for all of the antioxidents in them. Not to mention all of the vitamins too

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Corey Haim!! View Post

I havent tried the burrito....sounds yummy......but I love sweet potato chili.....

peace, love and laughter
Sweet potato chili!! where can I find that recipe?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelii36 View Post

Sweet potato chili!! where can I find that recipe?
Make any chili recipe you want and throw in a large, peeled and diced sweet potato! Really no different than a regular chili, but oh, so much better!

·
Registered
313 Posts
i started making something pretty similar years ago based off a yam burrito i had at a restaurant in seattle. i like to dice and steam the sweet potato... saute it with some garlic and onions... add a can of black beans and a can of stewed or diced tomatoes and then have it in a corn tortilla. the stewed tomatoes make the filling nice and juicy and really seems to "round out" the burrito. ;P sometimes i'll just eat the filling as-is instead of adding the extra calories of the tortilla. definitely agree... black beans and sweet potatoes rock!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealkiller View Post

i started making something pretty similar years ago based off a yam burrito i had at a restaurant in seattle. i like to dice and steam the sweet potato... saute it with some garlic and onions... add a can of black beans and a can of stewed or diced tomatoes and then have it in a corn tortilla. the stewed tomatoes make the filling nice and juicy and really seems to "round out" the burrito. ;P sometimes i'll just eat the filling as-is instead of adding the extra calories of the tortilla. definitely agree... black beans and sweet potatoes rock!
I'm going to try that! It sounds so good.

·
Registered
632 Posts
mmm...all this sounds so good!

and ever since someone mentioned "blue burritos" in another thread, i've been wanting to try it.
i'm gonna use the linked recipe (from Michael) and substitute blue/purple sweet pototoes and use blue corn tortillas and viola, blue burritos!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Ohh this is making me hungry!!

Sounds amazing! I'll have to run to the store for some sweet potatoes

What does everyone put in their burritos? So far I'm going with black beans and sweet potatoes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts