VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone! I am new, and I want to be a vegetarian. It's going to be a hard road, but I want to work at it. What is the difference between vegetarian and vegan? I want to eat dairy products I think. Not sure, let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Going vegetarian is pretty easy, IMO. Vegan is harder but for some people it feels more rewarding partially because they feel they are helping animals more and partially because they have displayed amazing self-discipline and dedication to what they are doing.

To each his own. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Good luck - you'll find a lot of information and support here. If you want to eat dairy and eggs, then you are lacto-ovo vegetarian, if just eggs, ovo-vegetarian, just dairy lacto-vegetarian, no animal products at all, vegan. Do some reasearch into the reasons for your decision - this may help you decide how far you want to go.

Best of luck,

pirate x

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Just for a further clarification..

Vegetarians don't eat meat or meat bi-products.. that includes red meat, poultry or fish, and includes things like chicken broth, beef flavouring, etc... Most vegetarians also avoid gelatin, and animal based rennets in cheese. They do, however, usually eat dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt) and eggs.

Vegans do not eat anything that came from an animal. No meat or anything I defined as meat above, no dairy, no eggs, no honey.

Either way it's great for you to be trying out a veg*n lifestyle! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
590 Posts
heyyy.. wellcome, and good luck!! it definitely is NOT a hard road to take. for me anyways. think about all the good you are doing, and all the lives you are saving. but also take things in stride. you cant expect to go one day omni to the next a total vegan. you do what you can when it feels right.. altho you have certain expectations right now, the more you get into the vegetarian lifestyle, and the more you care about whats right, you might realzie you are changing a lot more... gOOD LUCK!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts