VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been trying to find a locl organization for animal activism. i want to get into protests, writing letters, boycotts, the whole nine yards. i would have started my own and still thinking about it, but i dont know where to begin.<br><br><br><br>
annnyways.<br><br><br><br>
there is a group in my area called Niagara action for Animaaals. it seemed really good, and pretty active (or so they say). i really wanted to join and was at a monthly veggie potluck with this group when i found out that alot of the board members of this group arent vegetarian but are so active just for dogs and cats.<br><br><br><br>
personally i want to kill all of these people for thinking that because i feel that is even more stubborn and selfish and rediculous then a normal person.<br><br><br><br>
HOW COULD A PERSON FEEL SO STRONG AND DEDICATE SO MUCH TIME FOR SAVING THE LIVES OF DOGS AND CATS BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY, GO HOME TO SOME BARBECUED RIBS AND PORK CHOPS WITH A SIDE OF CHICKEN WINGS. I HATE PEOPLE.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Try to make contacts with the veg*an population of this group and break away, that's how many groups in my neck of the woods started. It's easier to band together with people who are already involved, I bet some of them feel just as you do (about the meat eating) and would want out too, but are scared to go it alone.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Does this group hold meat-serving events as fundraisers? If so, I can see your serious reservations about joining.<br><br><br><br>
However, if the group simply has members who eat meat on their own time, but do not use organizational funds to purchase meat for fundraising dinners, I would still consider getting active in that group. Niagra Action for Animals can't control what its members do on their own time.<br><br><br><br>
We have one local animal rescue which consistently insists on making all of its fundraising events meatstravaganzas, despite several of its members complaints. I even did a presentation to the leaders in favor of a vegetarian Xmas dinner, to no avail. Frankly, I'm done with them. I might still adopt animals from them, as its not the pets' fault, but I'm not going to attend or help out any of their fundraisers any more.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i appreciate all of these answers and i will check into it more as to the use of animal products within the group. thank you very much!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Also consider that these people may just not have made the connection between cats/dogs and other animals yet. When introduced to what these other animals face (in an educational rather than "change now!" way) they likely will come round to your side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts