VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was coming home from the market and going the other direction, toward the local custom slaughter house, was a women in a big crew cab truck with several children. She was towing a long trailer with sides open at the top and inside were 3 half grown calves they could just get their heads above the sides of the trailer. I looked into their faces as they went by and I knew what was going to happen to them. Every time I close my eyes I see their beautiful faces. How could she do that, how could she let her children see her do that . I wish I could have done something to stop her.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I feel sad, too, when I remember that my neighbor isn't raising steers for company. I did enjoy checking on his cows numerous times a day when he was gone on business and four of his cows were ready to ready to give birth at any second. That was much better than the annual pig roast they have, at least in terms of smell.

Ay ya yay, people just don't get it, do they?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was over a friend of a friend's house on Friday night. They had this 9 month old dog in a too small cage in the kitchen. Right away I knew there was something wrong with it. It coward down in the corner of the cage as I came in the room. I coexed it into coming out; it was walking like it was so fearful with it's tale between it's legs and such. Well, when it came out of the cage and more into the light I could see it wasn't being fed enough food. I could see it's spine and it was dehydrated (the skin had way too much give). I gave it some water and talked to it for as long as I could before someone came in. It happened to be the wife of the guy who owned the dog. I asked her what was wrong with it, what's been happening to it to make it so scared. She said that the 'dumb dog' went poop in the house too many times and her husband had to discipline it. It supposedly slipped and broke it's back leg (the leg isn't in a cast or anything anymore but you can definitely tell something happened to it). Well, I was all for taking it and running but knew that I wouldn't get too far. It's been on my mind since Friday. I'm going to wait until they go to work tomorrow and sneak over and get the address. I'm then going to call the APL and report them. I've got to save that dog if it 's the last thing I do. They'll know it was me but won't be able to prove it 100%. I don't care if they get mad at me because I really don't want to associate with them anyhow. I feel like spitting right in their face or paying someone to break his leg. Give him a taste of his own medicing. Mofo's...dirty mofo's!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guys a real loser...a control freak. He's got he wife so intimidated is effin' disgusting. There's no way I'd be able to get in to take the dog. My only option is either the dog warden or the animal protective league. I'm not messin' with that guy on a one to one...I'd love to save the dog that way but I think I woud be the one in the hospital. He's a real piece of work.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ARRRRGH! People like that make me physically ill. Those poor cows and that poor little puppy. What is wrong with these people? In fact, I don't even want to know...how can you be sane and do such a thing?

MsRuthieB...is there any way you can approach the subject by saying something like, "It's obvious to me that you're dog doesn't meet your expectations and I would gladly take him off your hands for you".?? Or is he one of those instantly defensive people? I feel bad for you that you're put in such a confusing and frustrating situation.
Keep us updated....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went by and got their address yesterday. Called the APL when I got home. They told me to call the dog warden first. I did that and they said they would look into it
I hope soon.

To answer your questions yes, this guy is agressive. I try to stay away from him because I always want to beat the living **** out of him and he knows it..(I know, don't stoop to his level but damn, it is so friggin tempting).

I'm sure I'll be hearing about it soon as the warden pays them a visit.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
occaisonally when i'm walking to college a lorry with sheep/pigs/cows goes past....all my friends are like 'awwwww poor animals' then they go to the canteen and buy a sausage roll *bangs head against wall*

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by kpickell

Wow, major kudos to you MsRuthie for working to help that dog!!!!
Ditto

Keep us posted MsRuthieB, whatever happens you have done your very best for him. But I'm hoping for a happy ending for the little puppy
that would really make my day.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
MsR- Since there have been a few animal abuse cases in the news lately in our area, maybe they will be more responsive.

If they don't do anything, maybe you could write the neighbors and encourage them to keep an eye on the dog and report anything abusive. On my parents street neighbors have been responsible for saving a few dogs from irresponsible owners.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No 1V, it's totally anonimous. I'm going to stop by my friend's house this coming weekend. She lives right next door to where the puppy is. If anything happened I'll hear about it then. I'm also going to try and make my way over there to check on him. Hopefully they won't be able to feel my hatred towards them and thus give myself away.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i just can't stand how stupid some people are. putting animals in cages, what the h**l? the other day jfizzle and i went to the pet store for something to do, and to get some sort of fish tank for my gold fish(which were feeder fish i saved from my brother's pirhana tank). these little animals in those cages were so sad. they were clawing to get out. there were these turtles flipping over on their backs trying to get out, i think they were trying to end it all. i was petting a bunnies head and i swear it knew i was safe. i couldn't help it i just started crying in the middle of the pet store. p.s. i'm not buying a fish tank from that store anymore

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
I put my dog in a cage when I'm not home. Crating a dog will help housebreak him and prevent him from chewing stuff he shouldn't (like electrical wires) when you're not around.

But what Ruthie described sounded different because the dog was afraid of humans so it's almost certain that he was being abused.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
crate training a dog and what ms.rb described are totally different, you are right. my dogs are crate trained and they treat their crates like their dens or safe havens. the older one rarely gets closed into her crate and goes in there during the day freely to sleep. ;D

ms. rb be careful, if this guy treats his dog this way he probably treats his wife that way and can extend it to others as well. good luck.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh he does, believe me. That's why I'm being extra careful. He just recently told her he won't give her anymore sex unless she looses 20 pounds..she's so intimidated and brain-warped that she's actually trying to loose weight now. I can't stand this slimy guy that's for sure. I know somewhere in the near future we are probably going to get into it...I'm trying to bite my tongue but it is soooo hard. I'm very outspoken and somewhat aggresive at times.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts