VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,008 Posts
I am Hypo, diagnosed born to two parents who had diabeties.

Complex carbs only , things like pasta,breads, most fruits are a rarity for me.

I tend to avoid starchy foods and stick to a lower carb diet all around.

I eat lots of beans and lentils, fruit that I eat is almost always berries or melon's .

I never ever ever drink juice it causes my glucouse levels to spike way up then crash real fast and real low it basicly makes me very ill.

No sugar, not organic, not cane sugar, beet sugar anything.

Sugar is sugar is sugar, it is a rare treat very rare.

I use stevia instead as a sweetner.

I can eat yogurt with no ill effects but milk will make me spike and fall also.

I eat all cruciferous veggies , lots of differant types of green and squashes, all beans ( but not pea's) all nuts and I use olive oil at most meals as a fat to help slow absorbtion of glucouse into the blood stream.

When I eat grains it is generaly whole grain mixed with flax. However graisn are not an everyday thing, I'm to sensative to glucouse changes to eat them daily.

It all depends on what type of hypo you have and how sever and or if your on medication.

· Registered
1,008 Posts
When I get tested they will let me walk around but just in the office so they can keep an eye on me.

They will not let me drink water or anything else.

Course I usualy just lay down and close my eyes, the stuff always makes me very sick to my stomach

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.