VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are both atheists but we sometimes give up something for Lent, mostly just to help kick an unhealthy habit, prove that we can do something, etc. This year, he's decided that he's going to give up meat. I know he can do it because he actually gave up meat for two months last year, just for the heck of it. I'm hoping that this time, it will stick

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
good for him, good luck , I hope it does stick ,I just started getting my veg friendly stuff again. I am going to make it stick right now, we have a budget problem I think beans and rice and ETC is cheap.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Great!

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

good for him, good luck , I hope it does stick ,I just started getting my veg friendly stuff again. I am going to make it stick right now, we have a budget problem I think beans and rice and ETC is cheap.
Yay Peacefulveglady, I'm excited for you!
Rice and beans rule!

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
Very cool on your hubby giving up meat. I hope it sticks this time, too. I'm a lapsed Catholic myself, but I still adhere to some practices (like sacrificing during Lent) just because of familiarity and such. I'm giving up diet soda. I hope I can kick it for good ;-)

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I am an atheist as well, but when I became vegetarian a decade ago, it coincided with the start of Lent and I stuck with it to this day.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Awesome! Give him lots of support and try not to pressure him. Sometimes the best thing we can do is lead by example and hope others follow suit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah I gave up meat last year and it stuck. My 1 year veggieversary is March 9th! I have more good news too. My very resistant mom finally caved and gave up meat for Lent too. I doubt it will stick, but it is so nice. Maybe she will finally understand, or see it in another light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.