VeggieBoards banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
If you recall, I sent an alert a while ago encouraging each of you to purchase a beautiful U.S. postage stamp the Humane Society of the U.S created to raise awareness about factory farmed animals. (I also sent similar alerts regarding Katrina animals and Canadian baby seals.)<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Well, as is usually the case with our opposition, i.e. agribusiness and hunters, they have pressured the United States Postal Service and Zazzle (the maker of the stamps) to discontinue them claiming that its illegal for a controversial stamp to be sold and for a non-profit to receive some financial benefit. (Note that part of the United States Sportsman Alliances statement is below.)<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Lets not take this one lying down! As of right now, the Protecting Seals, Stopping Puppy Mills, and Protecting Farm Animals stamps are to be discontinued this Thursday, August 31st. Therefore, please visit <a href="http://www.zazzle.com/hsus*" target="_blank">www.zazzle.com/hsus*</a> to buy as many of these stamps as you can. Perhaps with a huge surge in sales we can turn this around!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
As always, thank you for speaking up for those who cant,<br><br><br><br>
Mary Max<br><br><br><br><br><br>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Zazzle.com Removes Animal Rights Stamps: USSA Asks for Freeze on Funds Raised<br><br><br><br>
Full story: <a href="http://www.ussportsmen.org/interactive/features/Read.cfm?ID=1841" target="_blank">http://www.ussportsmen.org/interacti...ad.cfm?ID=1841</a><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Thanks to the protests of sportsmen, Zazzle.com will remove postage stamps which benefit animal rights organizations from their website and discontinue their sale. In a recent letter, the U.S. Sportsmens Alliance urged the U.S. Postal Service to determine how much money the online business raised for animal rights causes and order it to be returned.<br><br><br><br>
Zazzle.com, the online business which has been selling customized postage stamps featuring anti-animal use and anti-hunting slogans, has reported that it will remove stamps whose sales benefit the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and The Committee to Restore the Dove Ban from its website and discontinue their sale.<br><br><br><br>
In the August 15 letter, the U.S. Sportsmens Alliance (USSA) asked the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) to determine how much money HSUS has received from the sale of the illegal stamps and direct HSUS and Zazzle.com to return these ill-gotten proceeds or prohibit Zazzle.com from using those funds to support HSUSs anti-hunting political agenda.<br><br><br><br>
In an August 17 letter, Zazzle.com marketing director Michael Karns stated, Zazzle did not anticipate that some of the HSUS designs and the Dove designs would be controversial or could be seen as advocating a specific agenda. Over the past few weeks, we have concluded that the most prudent course of action is to remove the designs from our website, and to discontinue their sale as postage.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
God forbid that someone would want to treat farm animals kindly, protect seals, or help the animal victims of hurricanes.<br><br>
Don'tcha just love how hunting groups always present themselves as "the voices of reason over emotion" and "the real animal lovers" to the nonhunting public?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Therefore, please visit <a href="http://www.zazzle.com/hsus*" target="_blank">www.zazzle.com/hsus*</a> to buy as many of these stamps as you can. Perhaps with a huge surge in sales we can turn this around!<br><br>
--------------------<br><br><br><br>
Whats to say the procedes just wont be returned to the good ol usa postal service if something happens? I just saw these stamps the other day, at nearly 90 cents per stamp its just a bit steep, even for my business. I donate to 8 different animal organizations every year, and many times, it just didnt seem like paying that much for custom stamps was worth it to me.<br><br><br><br>
Not saying i wont buy them, if theyre in need to keep them active, ill certainly buy some packs for my business. So basically you cant have any stamps that would offend someone? i mean a baby stamp could offend people who cant have kids. A us flag stamp could offend foreigners lol. A butterfly stamp could offend guys and a guitar stamp could offend women if say their father used to hit them with one and abuse them with it when theyre a kid... sorry just ranting. You get the point, but then again, what would we do if the hunters had stamps made with deers head in a crosshairs or something retarted? that would suck more.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Good news, of sorts. The HSUS stamps are back.<br><br>
However, the farm animals and seals stamps have been removed in favor of dog-and-cat slogans.<br><br>
Aside from a "Mutts" stamp with the words "Peace to All Beings", there are no more slogans in favor of helping farm animals or wildlife.<br><br><br><br><a href="http://www.zazzle.com/HSUS/products" target="_blank">http://www.zazzle.com/HSUS/products</a>

·
Registered
773 Posts
Terrible that those stamps couldn't go through. It is a person's choice if they buy those stamps. They aren't imposing thier beliefs on anyone who doesn't want them. Stupid.....<br><br><br><br>
You can creat your own stamps at zazzle.com. So you can have them say whatever you like!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
It's OK. Considering how many I bought, how often the USPS rates go up, and how often I actually use snail mail, my stack will last <i>for years.</i>

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
I'm offended by the Susan J Komen breast cancer stamps, as they are involved in animal testing.<br><br><br><br>
ETA: Actually that Susan J Komen stuff is EVERY-DAMN-WHERE.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Atleast the stamps are back..somewhat anyway.<br><br><br><br>
Hopfully eventually maybe the other stamps will come back? these are better then nothing though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts