VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I subscribe to a daily raw inspiration email from The Garden Diet. This is today's email:<br><br><br><br><div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">This letter was in answer to a person who was feeling insatiably hungry shortly after going raw.<br><br><br><br>
Yes, I went through times when I was insanely hungry and nothing raw seemed to be able to satisfy it no matter how much I ate. Looking back now I think that it probably wasn't actual hunger but an addiction withdrawal craving for the sensations that eating cooked food specifically brings. But it feels just like hunger, because that's what we've been used to identifying it as. I also had times where I felt like I didn't need to eat at all and I never felt hungry. I think that is when my body finally was truly nourished. Now I am very seldom hungry and when I am I get satisfied very quickly with raw foods.<br><br><br><br>
In Health,<br><br>
Jinjee<br><br><a href="http://www.TheGardenDiet.com" target="_blank">http://www.TheGardenDiet.com</a></div>
</div>
<br>

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">Looking back now I think that it probably wasn't actual hunger but an addiction withdrawal craving for the sensations that eating cooked food specifically brings.</div>
</div>
<br><br><br>
I actually think a lot of what is called hunger, even on a cooked food diet, is actually boredom or something else.<br><br><br><br>
Victoria Boutenko has written a book on the addiction of cooked food. For me it's not so much addiction as it is my lack of trust in what my body is telling me. I can't believe that a raw diet should be hard to follow because it's just food in it's most natural state. And yet I'm still not raw, lol. Patience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For me, cravings were my body's desperate signals for bio-available/intact proteins, sugars, fats, water, fiber, vitamins, minerals, or other phytonutrients that are usually destroyed by cooking. Hunger is an extremely different feeling....something I couldn't really feel before going raw because the cravings were controlling my life. It feels like a dull ache in the stomach, plus a slight tiredness...as opposed to the 'craving' feeling where I felt psychotically driven to eat certain foods and couldn't stop, and even when I was full I was still wanting more. I must say, raw foods are the only ones that can actually satisfy me now. Quinoa, what would I do without you *weep*??!?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
jenna, you are making me laugh with your funny movie scenes. I love that "inconceivable" guy. He was hilarious. I think I might have to rent that movie soon again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts