VeggieBoards banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br><br><br><br>
I have an action alert that I think everyone should be aware of. The Humane Society of Missouri is putting on their annual fundraising event called Bark in the Park on May 19th in St. Louis, Missouri. It came to my attention the other day that for the team that raises the most money they are giving away a trip to SeaWorld Orlando.<br><br><br><br>
It seems like huge conflict on interest for an animal rights group to give away a prize that supports animal cruelty. Please send them a letter or give them a phone call urging them to not give this prize away.<br><br>
Thanks you so much for all you do.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
-personal contact info removed-<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><a href="http://member.hsmo.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Bark_Prizes" target="_blank">http://member.hsmo.org/site/PageServ...me=Bark_Prizes</a>

·
Vegan Police Officer
5,211 Posts
Jesus... some people should really be removed from the gene pool.<br><br><br><br>
I'll write to them from Switzerland. I'll try and stay polite, but it will not be easy. No heck... I'll just tell them what I think of them. Honesty is usually the best policy.

·
Registered
177 Posts
How can they be so clueless? I'll write them an email.<br><br><br><br>
I used to work in non-profit and many of the prizes we offered were based on what we could get donated. But, we NEVER solicited donations from businesses that were at all out of line with our mission & core values. A couple of times I even turned down donations from would be donors that weren't philosophically in line with our organization.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I don't think it will make much difference. Chances are the passes have already been purchased or a deal has been made with SeaWorld. As much as I hate the place, a lot of parents are under the delusion that it's a better experience for the kids than say a local zoo.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
<span style="color:#008000;">Mod note:<br><br><br><br>
I've removed the person's contact information, as it is VB policy to not allow for the public posting of another person's information.<br><br>
If one wants to write that Humane Society of Missouri, the general contact info is in the link in the OP.</span>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts