VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.moveon.org seems to be quite a great orginization. They help arrange email petitions and phone call-ins to help our representatives and senators know that we're keeping on eye on them... Y'all should check it out!

From the website:

What is MoveOn all about?

MoveOn is working to bring ordinary people back into politics. With a system that today revolves around big money and big media, most citizens are left out. When it becomes clear that our "representatives" don't represent the public, the foundations of democracy are in peril. MoveOn is a catalyst for a new kind of grassroots involvement, supporting busy but concerned citizens in finding their political voice. Our international network of more than 2,000,000 online activists is one of the most effective and responsive outlets for democratic participation available today.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be working now!

I sign their petitions almost weekly. They're really gotten me to take a more active role in politics.

I've sent at least 10 emails to senators and reps in the last month.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
MoveOn Rocks!!!!!!!

They send actions to your email box, and it's only 2 or 3 clicks away before you've made a difference in the issue for the day. Move on has generated more pressure on Congress over the FCC issue and the Iraq issue than any other organization has done in the past. It's really unprecidented.

Sign up on their list if you haven't already. It's easy and you can help make a difference.

[brought to you by the campaign for angry and pissed off americans]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts