VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have an inline frame in an inline frame. I want to figure out how I can direct a link so that the same page loads in the the top inline frame, but different pages load in the second inline frame. Anyone?

·
Registered
715 Posts
I don't know, but my brother might help. He says:

If I am correct, you have three webpages:

Can't you just do this:

Name the iframe you want to load the page in "load" and put target="load" on the link... But I do not recommend using iframes. There's probably a better alternative... so for the first iframe-d page, where you put the code for the second iframe-d page, put name="load". Make sense?

[ [ name="load" ] ]

Click Me

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia View Post

I don't know, but my brother might help. He says:

If I am correct, you have three webpages:

Can't you just do this:

Name the iframe you want to load the page in "load" and put target="load" on the link... But I do not recommend using iframes. There's probably a better alternative... so for the first iframe-d page, where you put the code for the second iframe-d page, put name="load". Make sense?

[ [ name="load" ] ]

Click Me
Thats how I have it set up now, and it only loads the same two pages. Let me clarify.

I have links a, b, c, and d. Links a, b, and c all have the same outside iframe. However, when I click on a, b, or c, I want the inside iframe to change keeping the outside frame the same. This works fine as long as the inside iframe is being displayed in the outside iframe. However, when I click on link d which changes the outside iframe and has no inside iframe, then I click back on links the other links, it is referenced to a iframe that is now not displayed, so the link opens as _top.

Since the iframe can only have one source when opening, I need to figure how to have it change depending on which link is opening it.

So something like this. The page displayed is index.html.

link a = outside iframe = home.html - inside iframe is home1.html

link b = outside iframe = home.html - inside iframe is info.html

link c = outside iframe = home.html - inside iframe is contact.html

link d = outside iframe = directory.html - inside iframe is not present

Thanks

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
"I want to figure out how I can direct a link so that the same page loads in the the top inline frame, but different pages load in the second inline frame."

Same as what? Different than what? To make any page load in an inline frame, you just put the page's address in appropriate place in the markup code. Between the quotation marks in here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.