VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trying to put an index.html page together that displays a graphic on the left side, and a guestbook to the right of it. i'm very html illiterate, and the only method i've come up with so far is to create a 1x2 table, insert image on left, and then try to display the guestbook in the right frame.

so the question is, how do i display the guestbook script in the right frame? it's in a subdirectory, and it's a .php script.

does that sound reasonable? is there a better way? i'm thankful for suggestions.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Why don't you place the graphic within the guestbooks php file, that way you do not need to dabble in the dodgy world of frames. If you are unsure on how to do this send me the php file and the image and I'll see what I can do.

[email protected]

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks happy, i may just take you up on that. let me have a go at it, and i'll see what happens.

i tried using the include() command in the 2nd cell, but no luck. Your method is undoubtably more fruitful.

stiull curious though how some people manage it.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
<?php

include 'directory/guestbook.php'

?>

(obviously using the real path)

inside the table, or wherever you want the guestbook script to show up. that should work (if you save the page with the image and table on as .phtml or .php or something phpish - for example index.phtml) . that command.

if thats clear?

ps. its worth noting that most systems you need to upload the files first before you can see any php

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks pirate. that's the approach i was using, but nothing was popping up (prolly my incomplete understanding of the syntax)..

however - i think i may have found the simple solution in the form of iframes. i'll give that a shot - it looks promising.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.