VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yooo!

Hi. My name's Lorrae and I'm a vegetarian.
Hehe.
Well trying to be!
Seriously a lot harder in terms of vegetarian friendly food than i thought!
Never thought my precious chippies (crisps in some countries) would be a subject of questionable vegetarianism! :[[

Anyways, thats enough awkward banter... im sure i shall use this forums for many helps :]]

So if u happen to read this...are u veggo for love of animals? Or diet? etc etc...?? ;]]

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Welcome to veggieboards

I'm vegetarian for both animal rights and health reasons, but mostly because of my love for animals

·
Registered
765 Posts
welcome... dont worry I am also newbie... never really liked meat to begin with but only became full vegetarian 4 months ago.

just recently I had a movie night and told friends to buy my favourite prawn chips... also realised I can't eat them .... AAWWH but then there is a lot of other crips out there... I love...

Good luck and welcome

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Hello and welcome to Veggieboards Lorrae.

My primary concern for becoming vegetarian was animal welfare, that was back in 1993, I became vegan in 1996, and since about that time both health and the environment have played a major role.

·
Lifelong vegetarian
2,617 Posts
Why veggo...? I am a human. You can better ask why meatarians eat meat. Meatarians will not be able to give you a carefully considered response.

Probably the answer will be rather selfish. They will say "I like me".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

Welcome to veggieboards

I'm vegetarian for both animal rights and health reasons, but mostly because of my love for animals
Ohhh thank you Phoenix Days - thats awesome :]]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandra View Post

welcome... dont worry I am also newbie... never really liked meat to begin with but only became full vegetarian 4 months ago.

just recently I had a movie night and told friends to buy my favourite prawn chips... also realised I can't eat them .... AAWWH but then there is a lot of other crips out there... I love...

Good luck and welcome
Thanks Kasandra! OMG... had EXACTLY the same thing happen to me which is why i found veggie boards - i devoured a whole bunch of prawn chips thinking they were just flavoured :[[ Haha i know now tho - cheers girl :]]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

Hello and welcome to Veggieboards Lorrae.

My primary concern for becoming vegetarian was animal welfare, that was back in 1993, I became vegan in 1996, and since about that time both health and the environment have played a major role.
Thank u vincent! Oh wow... thats quite a journey for you :]] All very good reasons i think ;]]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchGirl View Post

You are welcome !

"So if u happen to read this...are u veggo for love of animals? Or diet? etc etc...?? ;]]"
For animals !
Thanks FrenchGirl!! For animals = awesome :]]

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rno View Post

Why veggo...? I am a human. You can better ask why meatarians eat meat. Meatarians will not be able to give you a carefully considered response.

Probably the answer will be rather selfish. They will say "I like me".
Definitely the most unpredictable response there @rno! Hmm im pretty sure most meat eaters eat meat cos they love it! I dont think they're selfish lol - everyone has their own rights to eat what they like :]] I think anyways :]]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMTL View Post

Weolcome Lorrae. For love of animals, but hey, it turns out it's healthier for me too!
Thank you Kris
) Aah yep yep win win
) Tho, if ya eat a lotta junk like me heheh u cant tell the healthiness :pP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts