VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a couple of those long lasting swirly lightbulbs in my ceiling light and one of them only lasted a short while. I didn't like the lighting so I changed them and put in normal lightbulbs... after only a couple weeks one of the normal bulbs burnt out. And it doesn't look like the normal burnt out lightbulb... It's totally grey and looks like there's ash inside. I guess I'll have to call maintenance and see what the deal is.

This is a boring post... isn't it? Heh.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
You may know this already Marie, but what you could use instead which are far better are LongLife aka EnergySaving lightbulbs...

Some can appear as normal light bulbs but with a slightly bigger base but work like any other light bulb... The actual glass of the light bulb remaining more or less the same size of a typical bulb, but with a special energy saving filament contained in the bulb or again of the same idea you can get similar ones (but which look different) which have a sort of linear/long tubular shape glass which snake and curl/loop and likewise this design are also very common and widely used nowdays too, and both sorts are worth the bit extra cash... The only slight drawback is they come on gradually but soon warm up and are fully bright within about 2 minutes or so, and the main thing is they do last a lot longer than cheap n nasty light bulbs.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I've heard that some brands are definitely better than others. I have had bad luck with Sunbeam brand. I have heard that GE is good, lights of america are bad. Supposedly it's a get what you pay for thing (to my dismay).

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
it sounds like an electrical problem to me, i'd get it checked out

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
half of the bulbs in my apartment are burnt out and the other half are no brighter than a 60 watt bulb, its nice. bright lights hurts my eyes. infact i dont even have a working light in my living room.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts