VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm on my summer vacation right now and i can't seem to find anything fulfilling to do! (maybe it's cuz i'm lazy
) but i'm open to suggestions on how to pass my time fruitfully. so far, i'm been venturing out about noon time to a random cafe, eat lunch, people-watch and *trying* to study for my GRE (without much success cuz i'm so easily distracted). but after 3 days, i am ready for a change. i'm a foreign student and don't have a work permit yet so i can't get a job legally
. i may volunteer my time to a food-distribution center, as soon as i find out more details. but hurl any suggestions my way! thanks!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey I have been finished university for two years now and I keep saying I'm going to take the GRE that summer. And the books are still in my bookshelf...I do have a full time job and I'm always acting or helping backstage at the local theatre so I don't have tons of free time....but if you wanted to discuss the GRE at any point let me know I could use the extra push to get started...Other than that. I love crafts-quilts and knitting. You could get your holiday gifts done over the summer....hmm I'll keep thinking...

·
Registered
346 Posts
SOmethings that's fun if you have the time is...keeping a diary. Yeah, sounds stupid, but its great therapyee and for when you wanna look back.

Vollunteering is fun too.
You could check out meetup.org and look for a vegan/vegetarian meetup...I just went to one, very fun.
Or if Earthsave is active in your area. They throw fun potlucks.

If you have artistic skills, go to the park and draw, paint, whatever. Funnn.

Checking out the local "alternative" newspapers could be fun too.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
There are lots of books to read, maybe spend an afternoon in a library or bookstore; rent some movies you've always wanted to see; look into what's going down in your state/city politics; write to/look up an old friend or tie up some unfinished personal busines; visit lonely aged folks in retirment homes/hospitals; call or visit cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents you haven't spoken to in a while; take up a summer sport, joining a city league -- great way to meet new people!; visit a museum or special exhibit; go see a play -- it's worth it!; volunteer to help in the campaign of a favorite political candidate (hint: Kucinich!
); have a party or get together with friends, family, or both. Play games, BBQ, have snacks, have a movie marathon -- that's lots of fun.

There's lots to do!

Have a great summer.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have been watching rented movies, and checking out several books from the library. now i go swimming too! that is definitely a good change after having stepped into the gym for a year!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.