VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if there's already a post on this-I didn't find anything when I checked.<br><br>
So yesterday my mum said she is considering going vegetarian but-and I do understand her problem here-she can hardly eat any wheat or vegetables and no sugar at all or it makes her quite ill. She also can't eat any eggs or dairy, so we don't really know how much she could eat and still be healthy, while still avoiding all these things. I'm vegan, but I don't have this problem, so I can't really help.<br>
Any ideas? I'd really love to help her with this.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
The lack of wheat, sugar, eggs and dairy aren't too much of an issue. She can get protein from legumes (beans nuts seeds). The lack of veggies is more seriously a problem. Are there any veggies she can eat? What is she eating now to get the nutrients she needs from veggies?<br><br>
It's basically four food groups: protein, grains, fruits, and veggies. If her protein doesn't come from animal products then the best source is legumes. The lack of veggies in her diet is the same problem whether she eats animals or not.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
What foods can she eat? I have a blog you might want to try. <a href="http://glutenfreesoyfreevegan.wordpress.com/" target="_blank">Here</a> it is.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think if you gave her some basic menu plans, this might help with the transition. Perhaps of you compiled a plan using some of Purp's food ideas, she would find the process a lot less daunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts