VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,
I am 20 years old. My weight is 40 KG and want to gain my weight. Please suggest me some good diet schedule which should i take?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Firstly, are you male or female?

Secondly, are you open to the idea of weight training?

Thirdly, do you have any health conditions that require special diet?

Forthly, are you vegan, vegetarian, or raw vegan?

(These questions will assist me with a response)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Eat more (don't stop eating when you feel full, stop eating when you feel sick). Calorie dense foods are a good idea - peanut butter & nuts for example. Lifting weights will help you gain weight in a 'good' way - and it'll help with the appetite.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
It is actually considerably more difficult for those who are naturally skinny to gain weight than it is for those who are naturally not skinny to lose it. For muscle mass, go for a standard hypertrophy based resistance training routine. Work out all muscle groups using lifts where you max out between 8 and 12 repetitions. For extra body fat, you may be out of luck. I could make all the standard suggestions but, from what I've seen, people who tend to stay skinny can eat as many calories as they can shove down, and it simply won't change anything unless hormonal changes later in life (and this happens more frequently for women than for men) alter their fat storing tendencies.

I would suggest simply eating healthy, starting some resistance training (I prefer to use a weighted vest rather than a traditional weight room), and not worrying too much about it, because there probably isn't much you can do to change it. If anything, extra carbohydrates will help you gain because, aside from sex hormones, insulin is the other major hormone responsible for regulating metabolism. The more you have flowing through your blood on a regular basis, the more fat you're going to store, again assuming you are genetically predispositioned to do so. This is why carbohydrate restricted diets tend to work so well for losing weight, though there isn't much research in regards to naturally skinny people doing the reverse to gain it

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad888 View Post

from what I've seen, people who tend to stay skinny can eat as many calories as they can shove down, and it simply won't change anything unless hormonal changes later in life
If you're not gaining weight, you're not trying hard enough at eating. I'm a skinny *******, but I managed to put on 10kg over 6 or so months of gym/extreme eating (consistency is the key - three big squares + snacks, every day). Dropped a few of them over the last year now that I'm not eating so much (or lifting), but still up about 7-8 from where I started.

If you just want to get fat, a drinking habit will help. When you're downing several cartons of beer a week it's easy to stack it on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes there is a lots of questions that I have to know while suggest you any opinions.You did not tell that you are male or female?.You did not describe about your goals.

But I shall made you the tips that made healthy and will gain your weight.You should be use much calories and carbohydrates foods ( like egg,fruits.fresh juices,).Eat much as you can.Always be fresh and happy not take depression on your mind.

Please make your suggestions:

http://purepowerbootcamp.com/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes there is a lots of questions that I have to know while suggest you any opinions.You did not tell that you are male or female?.You did not describe about your goals.

But I shall made you the tips that made healthy and will gain your weight.You should be use much calories and carbohydrates foods ( like egg,fruits.fresh juices,).Eat much as you can.Always be fresh and happy not take depression on your mind.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leth View Post

Eat more (don't stop eating when you feel full, stop eating when you feel sick). Calorie dense foods are a good idea - peanut butter & nuts for example. Lifting weights will help you gain weight in a 'good' way - and it'll help with the appetite.
yup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts