VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any methods of forecasting weather?

Like when the little House wrens try to come into my house I know it will either freeze overnight or snow is coming soon.

If it starts raining I look at the chickens, if they stay outside I know it will rain all day, if they run to their house i know it is just a brief shower.

If the robins all start singing i know rain is on the way.

If soot falls down the stove pipe a low pressure system is moving in.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Lol, Amy.

My body has weird reactions to the weather. If I wake up and my joints hurt, it's probably going to be humid and wet. If my stomach rolls up into a ball (not literally) and I have to keep running to the bathroom, it's going to storm.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I find at the beginning of the year for every page I flip on my calendar, the weather tends to get a little warmer.

Somewhere in the middle it gets really hot.

And then, towards the end of my calendar, it starts to get colder with every page I turn.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
We live about 30 miles from the coast and the birds fly inland when a storm is approaching and they start to fly out after the worst of it has passed. So if I see more sea gulls than usual standing around I expect rain shortly.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
My cats tend to freak out before a big storm. However, since they freak out for a host of other reasons, too, it isn't very helpful for predicting weather.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hahaha, yes Amy SF, that is the best way to tell the weather for sure.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I can usually tell what the weather is going to be like from three things: experience, the temperature in the morning, and the amount and type of cloud cover.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Or on a pervert note... you can feel the weather when it gets cold if your nipples gets hard or your nutty stuph just shrunk.

I wasnt suppose to say that?

oops.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
If my dog goes and hides in the basement (used to, now that she's older, it's the bathroom next to the toilet) there's a storm coming.

I don't live with her anymore, though. So now the storms just surprise me on my own. The cats don't run and hide until/unless the big thundering starts.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I have the coolest method for predicting the weather....

I have this rock that's tied to a string and every morning, I look at my strung up rock.

If it's wet, I know that it's raining.

If it's moving around, I know it's windy out.

If I can't see the thing, I know it's foggy.

If it casts a shodow, I know it's sunny out.

And if there's ice/snow on it, I know it's veeery chilly out.

So far, that rock hasn't let me down yet (now watch it start to malfunction just because I've said that
).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts