VeggieBoards banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start, I would like to say I really enjoy VB and am glad to be a part of it. When I first joined, I hung out more than I posted, which is probably normal for most newbies. There were a couple of times when I felt that it was rather clique-ish due to posts by a small number of individuals who appeared to know each other well and regularly directed comments specifically to each other. It's certainly natural to feel more comfortable with those you are most familiar with, which I completely understand. I feel comfortable here, but I was thinking that if I felt the way I did at first, if only briefly, others may, too. It would be nice to have some sort of thread that really encouraged interaction between those who have been around for a while and those who haven't. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Just trying to bring everybody closer together! <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/grin.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=":D">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
892 Posts
when I started, I looked for a while, then began posting. It took me a while to get to know people well. It wasn't until I started going into the chat room that I began to really get to know people. You kind of do with posting, but chatiing really helped me learn about them and form friendships, so now when I post, it comes from a more personal basis with some of those people. If you're feeling a little left out, try coming in to chat. It's lots of fun<img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/smiley.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=":)">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,804 Posts
I was never a newbie here so i cant relate. sorry newbies. <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/tongue3.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=":p">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,631 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block"><i>Originally posted by RedStarJedi</i><br><br><b>when is chat? I am lame and put of the loop.</b></div>
</div>
<br><br><br>
people are there most of the time, but esp evening US time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,541 Posts
I can't chat, it never works on my puter, even in orange mode.<br><br><br><br>
Carnelian, I still feel that way about particular groups of people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,778 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block"><i>Originally posted by oneness</i><br><br><b>people are there most of the time, but esp evening US time.</b></div>
</div>
<br><br><br>
Who you mean?<br><br><br><br>
I'm all alone there with Randy but he's not there.<br><br><br><br>
Oh yes X is there too.<br><br><br><br><img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/grin.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=":D">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,778 Posts
Then one needs to come and make oneself comfortable with it! <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/grin.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=":D">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,648 Posts
I'll make a connection right now!<br><br><br><br>
Hola, Melly!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,830 Posts
One has allready been there once and one freaked out a little, leaving quickly, beacuse there were people there adressing one by one's name and one had no-where to hide.<br><br><br><br>
Maybe one should indeed try again and attempt to make onself comfortable. After all "they" are not all out to get one. (or are they ? <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/shocked.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=":eek:"> )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,440 Posts
There was a "adopt a newbie" thread some while ago.<br><br><br><br>
But:<br><br><br><br>
If you want more interaction, you should response (more) personally, like naming the person who your aming on carnelian.<br><br><br><br>
Another think could be to send a more personal message to respond to a persons post (via the PM button).<br><br><br><br>
Carnelian, don't only read discussion thread, but go to chat, and if you can't do that.....Slut for Power !<br><br><br><br>
Mhua..is an alternative, but slut for power is really the best <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/wink3.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=";)">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,631 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block"><i>Originally posted by Azalea</i><br><br><b>One has allready been there once and one freaked out a little, leaving quickly, beacuse there were people there adressing one by one's name and one had no-where to hide.<br><br><br><br>
Maybe one should indeed try again and attempt to make onself comfortable. After all "they" are not all out to get one. (or are they ? <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/shocked.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=":eek:"> )</b></div>
</div>
<br><br><br><br><br>
You should come in again.. generally we use screen names to address people there, however, a few people like using real names.<br><br><br><br>
so you can be Azalea, your real name or a whole new made up name.<img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/grin.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=":D">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,778 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block"><i>Originally posted by Azalea</i><br><br><b>One has allready been there once and one freaked out a little, leaving quickly, beacuse there were people there adressing one by one's name and one had no-where to hide.<br><br><br><br>
Maybe one should indeed try again and attempt to make onself comfortable. After all "they" are not all out to get one. (or are they ? <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/shocked.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=":eek:"> )</b></div>
</div>
<br><br><br>
Nothing really to freak one out there, scareyvegan likes to use RL names, that's all. But other than her screenname, she's not scarey at all. One can always come in and see if someone named Oat is in there, for example. Oat IS indeed out to get each and every one, but only in the friendliest possible way. He is out to get each and every one into chat, that is.<br><br><br><br>
And personally, I like Azalea, because it is a really pretty evergreen! The shape and formation of the leaves is really cute, like little hands. On the other hand, azaleas require a really acid soil to grow well, hmmm, what does that say about one? <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/wink3.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=";)"><img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/grin.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=":D">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,541 Posts
Slut for power is too cliquey for me. It's not easy to break into if you don't chat, as people generally don't reply to posts if you're not known.<br><br><br><br>
Also, last couple of times I checked SFP, there was nothing of substance to reply to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,830 Posts
Oh... I was meaning they said "hello Azalea" and such, not that they were using my real name. Yes, I'm easily scared. (but not in the "running away screaming"-way. More in a "so what do I say now ?"-kind of way. Why posting is so much easier. Gives you time to think)<br><br><br><br>
Ah. The acid soil. Only happy when miserable , one could easily interpret that as. Yes. That does (slightly) strike a cord . How do you know me so well ?<br><br>
Are you out to get me ?<br><br><br><br>
(man, I'm paranoid)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,631 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block"><i>Originally posted by Azalea</i><br><br><b>Oh... I was meaning they said "hello Azalea" and such, not that they were using my real name. Yes, I'm easily scared. (but not in the "running away screaming"-way. More in a "so what do I say now ?"-kind of way. Why posting is so much easier. Gives you time to think)<br><br><br><br>
Ah. The acid soil. Only happy when miserable , one could easily interpret that as. Yes. That does (slightly) strike a cord . How do you know me so well ?<br><br>
Are you out to get me ?<br><br><br><br>
(man, I'm paranoid)</b></div>
</div>
<br><br><br><br><br>
No worries, Oatmeal is only after your tummy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,414 Posts
I killed 3 azaleas once. Green thumb I ain't.<br><br><br><br>
I agree about chat, though it can be hard to join in there (software AND cliques). And Mhuahahaha has been fun. I just wish I'd not joined *after* the Atlanta gathering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
Which stings better a new-bee or an old-bee?
 
1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Top