Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0 - 24% Raw

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to see who the Raw Foodists or "High-Raw" people are on VB. So, what percentage of your diet is raw?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
That'd be me....high raw.

Funny thing is I don't buy all the "science" behind it, except that foods in their whole form have the most nutrients. But I feel better and look better on a high raw diet. Whenever I begin to eat more cooked food....I crave raw. The feeling that I can work out after eating, the lightness.

I have been getting a lot of comments on how I look much younger. So I have decided to age backwards now.

·
Registered
592 Posts
SeaS, I don't know how you looked before, but you look fantastic now. Better not overdo that reverse-aging thing, or pretty soon it'll be illegal for me to have impure feelings about you

Seriously I think there's a correlation between raw diet & youthful appearance. I put both my dogs on raw, and they went from haggard old street dogs to soft puppies within a year.

Me, I'm afraid I backslid in the past few months. I went from 75% raw to about 50% raw. And I feel like crap.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
It varies between 80%-100%.

The higher raw I am, the better I feel. That's even after eating a diet of whole cooked vegan food. I still felt icky and weighed down and not at my optimum best. Like SeaSiren, I'm not sure about all the 'science' behind it; I just know that I feel best high raw/all raw.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatorMouse View Post

I put both my dogs on raw, and they went from haggard old street dogs to soft puppies within a year.
As long as you don't have to housebreak them all over again I guess this is a good thing!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've been going back and forth between 75% and 100% for the past month. Tomorrow, I'm going 100% and staying all raw for at least 30 days.

When I'm not eating mostly raw food during a given day, I feel crappy. I feel awesome when I eat raw.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I never answered my own question! I voted 25-49% raw. I've been working on increasing my raw intake lately, some days I am more raw than others. Usually breakfast or lunch is raw (or like today, BOTH!) as well as some raw fruit and raw nuts for snacks. I feel amazing when I'm eating raw - I can truly feel the difference, especially when I walk away from the meal. When I eat a cooked dinner after being raw all day, I can feel that heavy feeling of food sitting in my stomach. It's weird - even my cooked meals are vegan and very healthy, but I don't feel as great immediately after eating them as I do after a raw meal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts